Are you a potato lover? then we are going to discover something yummy for you today, which is the Vegan Breakfast Potatoes Recipe.
Quick Content Links
How do you make breakfast potatoes from scratch?
For making this yummy dish we need to prepare potatoes recipe in advance. You can boil potatoes or bake in the oven.
To prepare a quick recipe take a large bowl, toss all the ingredients together like the potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper.
And bake it for 20 to 25 minutes, check the pan twice. Adjust the heat to 500 degrees and bake until crisp and brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Why do you Soak potatoes in water before frying?
Yes its always a good idea to Soak peeled, washed, and cut fries in cold water overnight which will remove potato starch. As you know starch-free potatoes prevent fries from sticking together and help achieve maximum crispness. Do try it and let us know the experience!
Are Breakfast Potatoes Bad For You?
Well, it’s partly true that potatoes can cause weight gain, it definitely contain carbohydrates. But on the other hands, they also contain a range of wholesome nutrients.
A small baked potato can have fiber and iron, magnesium, vitamin C, and 17 percent of the potassium you need in a day.
Vegan Breakfast Potatoes Preparation Info
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Cook Time: 25 m
- Ready In: 30 m
- 2 servings
- 1 pound potatoes, diced
- 1–2 tbsp cooking oil, olive oil works best
- 2 tsp dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- Now add 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper, black
Vegan Breakfast Potatoes Recipe Directions
- Step 1 –Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Step 2 –Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. It may be easier to use your hands.
- Step 3 –Next, place the potatoes onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- Step 4 –Serve immediately. If you like adding sauces, you can try some vegan mayo, healthy ketchup, barbecue sauce, vegan aioli, or vegan sour cream. The potatoes also go well as a dish with fresh fruit, vegan butter, and homemade jelly toasts, tofu scramble, and natural orange juice or coffee. Alternatively, you could serve your breakfast potatoes with any vegan meat substitute such as seitan or tempeh bacon.
- Step 5 –If you have any leftovers, they are good to be kept for about 5-7 days. Just make sure to place them in an airtight container in the fridge and warm up before serving.
Find more potatoes breakfast recipes
Nutrition Facts Vegan Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Note-Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 595 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.2 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 4 g
Did you find the breakfast potatoes recipe interesting? Please leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us @firstname.lastname@example.org. We, as a small blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!
I’m the biggest foodie and crazy about exploring new tastes. Pleased to meet you! I love to cook all kinds of cuisine; I love to eat; I love my family, and I love to travel. My passion for food brought me here, and I started this website. I am also passionate about this site.