This is the best breakfast recipe for all my lazy bone friends. if you’re craving the goodness of more Crispy roasted potatoes. Don’t miss this amazing yet mouth-watering Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Recipe. Which is quick yet delish.
Making potatoes crisper in breakfast is not rocket science but following few tricks can make them extra crispy,. So let’s cook the recipe and share the joy with each other.
How To Make Crispy Breakfast Potatoes :
- To prepare this recipe, soak the potatoes in cold water for an hour before cooking them. This removes extra starch from potatoes
- Make sure that the potatoes have dried very well after washing. Otherwise, they will release water while cooking.
- As soon as they are cooked, drop the potatoes on each.
- Prep Time: 10 m
- Cook Time: 35 m
- Ready In: 45 m
- 6 servings
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes-Ingredient List
- 6 large potatoes, red or any, diced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, olive oil works best
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound (450g) breakfast sausage, any type
- ½ cup bell pepper, any type, diced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional, for a sweeter taste)
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional, for garnish)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Also try below recipe-
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Recipe Directions
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Warm-up a large skillet with some cooking oil.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until they have softened.
- Add the breakfast sausage and cook sufficiently. When done, remove everything from the pan, but leave the sausage grease.
- Add the potatoes, coating them in sausage grease. You may have to turn up the heat.
- Leave the potatoes on the pan for approximately 7 minutes, being careful not to touch them. If the potatoes are sticking to the bottom too much without tossing, you can add another tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Once the potatoes look brown and crispy on the bottom, turn them over to cook the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, sausage, and onions to the pan. Cook everything for about 5-10 minutes or until the bell peppers are softer.
- You can spread maple syrup generously for a sweeter dish. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
How To Make Crispy Breakfast Potatoes?
Crispy breakfast potatoes are not created magically (Though they seem to!). There are tricks and hacks to get that extra crispiness.
While preparing them at home, they may end up soft and mushy. Though potatoes never taste bad, that crispiness on the outside and softness inside adds to their taste.
Therefore, we have shared full-proof recipes that will give you extra crispy potatoes at home. Let’s have a look!
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes In The Oven
You can make perfectly roasted crispy potatoes in the oven. Warming spices like cumin, garlic, and turmeric, give these simple roasted breakfast potatoes heavy flavor. They make a great combination with avocado, eggs, sausage, or bacon! It is a must-make recipe for breakfast and brunch.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Olive oil
- Prepare your baking sheet & microwave: Start by preheating the oven at around 425 degrees F and apply the nonstick cooking spray on your baking dish.
- In a tub, coat your potatoes: It is better to add everything to a big bowl and mix the potatoes well with your hands, than putting potatoes directly on the baking sheet and sprinkling spices from the top. This way spices will cover the potatoes properly. Afterward, add the spiced potatoes to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, toss & bake all over again: It is advised to pull potatoes out halfway through the baking process and toss them with a spatula to get both sides well roasted. Also, while baking for the second time, you can heat potatoes to 475 degrees F to get a rich golden color and more crispiness.
- Protein: 0.8g,
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g,
- Fat: 5.1g
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes With Onions
For breakfast, homemade diner-style skillet breakfast potatoes are great to cook up. From the night before, you can prepare them, so they take less time to serve up in the morning.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 60 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 kilos of russet potatoes
- 2 spoonsful of butter
- Olive oil around 2 tablespoons
- Cayenne – a pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon powder of garlic
- Onion Powder – 1/2 teaspoon (or you can use an onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika smoked
- Optional: rosemary, thyme, cloves of garlic
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them. On a microwave-safe platter, put prepared quartered potatoes and zap for 3-4 minutes covered with a microwave lid.
- Insert a knife into the thickest section of the potato. if potatoes have cooked well then with any resistance, the knife can go through.
- Leave potatoes to cool down a bit. After they get cool, put them in the freezer and use them the next day for preparing crispy potato recipe.
- Before you add them to the skillet, simply dice the potatoes into approximately 1/2-inch bits. When they’ve had the opportunity to hang out in the refrigerator, they chop up faster.
- Place butter, olive oil, and if using the rosemary, thyme, and 1 smashed garlic clove in a large skillet over medium-high heat, using a 12-inch skillet or larger.
- Enable the butter to melt and heat the olive oil. When the herbs start to pop and sizzle, cut them, discard them along with garlic clove.
- Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika, toss to cover evenly, then add the potatoes in a single layer.
- Cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes in total, flipping and tossing every 2-3 minutes to ensure that they are browned evenly. Adapt seasonings as per taste preference. Immediately serve.
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.9g
- Protein: 3.8g
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Baking Soda
The crispiest breakfast potatoes with just easy measures. It not only includes baking soda but is also gluten-free. The result will give you amazing roast potatoes that will be very crisp and crunchy.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total time: one hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 5-6
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (4g) of soda for baking
- Potatoes approx. 2kg (cut them into cubes)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- A small handful of picked, finely chopped rosemary leaves
- Garlic 3 medium cloves, minced
- Black pepper freshly ground
- A small handful of fresh, minced parsley leaves
- Put oven rack in the center and heat the oven before using to a temperature of 450 ° F/230 ° C.
- Take 2L of water in a pot and boil it on high flame.
- Add salt in water with baking soda and potatoes.
- Make sure to boil potatoes until they are soft and are a little resistant for around 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are getting boiled, take a saucepan and add oil, fat, garlic, and little pepper, and heat them on medium flame.
- Heat them for 3-4 minutes until they turn brown and keep cooking and stirring them.
- Strain the oil immediately through a fine-mesh strainer set in a wide tub. Put aside the garlic/rosemary mixture and reserve it separately.
- After draining potatoes keep them on a plate and leave them for 30-50 seconds for moisture to dry.
- Take out the potatoes in a bowl containing oil and add some salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl properly and shake it roughly till potatoes are completely covered in a thick paste-like layer.
- Move the potatoes to a wide-rimmed baking sheet and spread them out evenly by separating them from each other.
- Heat potatoes in an oven for 15-20 minutes. Shake the pan and turn the potatoes using a thin, compact metal spatula to free any trapped potatoes.
- Keep cooking until they become brown and crispy and keep stirring and shaking them for around 30-40 minutes.
- Move the potatoes to a big bowl and add the mixture of garlic/rosemary and minced parsley. Now season your potatoes with salt and pepper. Serve immediately while they are hot.
Quick Breakfast Potatoes
These simple breakfast potatoes are reminiscent of the warm and crispy with perfectly browned edges of your classic diner-style home fries. It a great way to have a delicious and quick breakfast.
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- Servings: 3-4 servings
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – 1 and 1/2 pounds
- Olive oil around 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 onion (purple, diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- New plants and herbs (optional)
- Peel potatoes and cut them into small pieces or cubes.
- In a pan, put potatoes and add water. Boil water for few minutes. Afterward, remove the potatoes from the water and drain them for 5 minutes.
- Use a skillet to heat oil over medium flame. After oil gets heated, add potatoes and let them get cooked for 4-5 minutes until they turn brown.
- Add onion, paprika, and garlic powder and stir it properly. Sauté for another 5-10 minutes, letting the potatoes cook for a few minutes on either side.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat. Now, you can sprinkle salt, pepper and add some chopped parsley.
- Calories: 231 kcal
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Bon Appetit
Do you want to prepare extra crispy potatoes at home? Well, here is a simple hands-down method to achieve extra-crispiness. Just cook the potatoes twice – once in water and another time in hot oil. These can be eaten as breakfast or as a snack, or you can just eat them all by yourself by lying on your couch.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Mid-sized potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Parmesan – a little bit
- 1 Big Bunch of Chives
- 1⁄2 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tbsp hot Sauce Hot Sauce
- Five oz. With pancakes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper freshly ground
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and add water. Add a few spoons of salt and put it over medium flame. Ensure that water resembles seawater therefore add more salt if necessary.
- Grate the parmesan and put it together in a bowl.
- In a bowl, collect the small pieces of chives.
- Use a small bowl to mix sour cream (1/2 cup) and hot sauce ( 2 Tbsp). To get thin consistency, add one or two teaspoons of water.
- In a skillet, put bacon and heat it on medium flame. Keep cooking for around 3-4 minutes until potatoes become golden brown and crispy from both sides.
- Take out the bacon and keep in a towel paper on a plate to drain. Now reserve the bacon skillet oil for cooking potatoes.
- Coming back to potatoes, cook for 5-10 minutes until it becomes soft. The cooking time varies depending upon the potato size.
- Take out the potatoes and drain them. Cool them for around two-four minutes.
- Now you can mash potatoes with a spoon or with help of any bowl. Remember not to mash them completely, they should still be in a pieces.
- Now use the skillet with the bacon fat and add little oil to make sure there is enough fat in the pan.
- Keep the potatoes in a skillet and add salt and let them get cooked on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes until they become golden brown. Cook the potatoes from both sides.
- After they get cooked, take out the potatoes on a plate and cook the remaining potatoes as well in the same way. You can add more oil if needed.
- Now crumble bacon on potatoes with your hands and sprinkle some Parmesan, sour cream sauce, and chives.
- Add some pepper and it is ready to serve.
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Ihop
Everyone knows they can make or break their breakfast feast with breakfast potatoes. You will never have to think about making perfectly crisp potatoes again with this recipe. This recipe is seasoned with peppers and garlic, providing just enough flavor for each taste.
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup red, diced onion
- Garlic 2 cloves, chopped
- 1 big, cubed potato
- 1/2 cup of red pepper from the bell, wedges
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, purple, wedges
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 TSP of cilantro powder
- Salt & black ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup water or broth for vegetables
- Olive oil for 2 tbsp
- 1 unsalted tbsp butter
- Use a skillet to sauté garlic and onion using olive oil.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, cumin, and cilantro. Sauteing continues.
- Cook until the vegetables begin to tan, then cover the skillet with water or broth.
- Now cook on low heat for around ten minutes. Ensure that no water is left.
- You can add more water or broth & cover again if the potatoes are still not tender to get thoroughly cooked potatoes.
- Turn the heat up and let the potatoes turn brown.
- Season the potatoes with salt & pepper as per taste.
- Add the butter & toss to coat to have a shiny finish before serving.
- Serve with an egg and garnished with parsley.
- Calories: 335 kcal
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 7g
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Air Fryer
You can get ready crispy breakfast potatoes air fryer in just a few minutes. Enjoy the creamiest and crispiest potatoes for your breakfast. They taste much like the potatoes you get at the store, except with only a small amount of oil, they are healthier.
- Peel the potatoes one night before and soak them in water.
- In the morning cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Season potatoes with seasonings such as paprika spice blend. Do it right before cooking.
- Allow potatoes to draw moisture with the help of salt and inhibit the crisping process.
- Cook them in the air fryer for around 15 minutes until they turn brown.
- They are ready to serve.
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes With Peppers And Onions
One of the most enjoyable and roasted potatoes with bell pepper and onion. The homemade crispy breakfast potatoes are even quite better than that of restaurants.
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 50 mins
- Servings: 6-7 servings
- 5 pounds of red, finely chopped/diced potatoes
- Garlic 4 cloves, minced
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 planted and finely chopped green bell pepper
- Red pepper
- Olive oil around 1/4 cup
- 1/2 butter stick, melted
- 1 seasoned teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cayenne pepper teaspoon
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Get the oven ready by preheating it to 435 degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes, the garlic, the onion, the green bell pepper, the red bell pepper, the olive oil, the sugar, the seasoned salt, the cayenne pepper, the kosher salt, and the pepper together in a big bowl.
- Shake the pan and keep stirring for 20-25 minutes.
- Raise the heat to 500 degrees. Wait for it to turn crispy and golden, cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle little salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts For Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Note-Nutritional can be calculated by using 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, Ghee or Butter.
- Calories: 442kcal, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 15g,
- Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 521mg,
- Potassium: 1228mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 580IU, Vitamin C: 36.8mg, Calcium: 39mg, Iron: 2.6mg
These were some amazing recipes to make crispy potatoes for breakfast. This is one of the best roasted and heavily aromatized crispy breakfast potatoes with warming spices. Eggs, avocado, sausage, or bacon can be eaten with them! A must-make for brunch or breakfast. Try the crispy oven-roasted breakfast potato recipes soon. You will enjoy them.
Did you find the Crispy Breakfast Potatoes Recipes interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!
I’m the biggest foodie and crazy about exploring new tastes. Pleased to meet you! I love to cook all kinds of cuisine; I love to eat; I love my family, and I love to travel. My passion for food brought me here, and I started this website. I am also passionate about this site.