How To Steam Potatoes Prior To Making Breakfast Potatoes
To make Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes, the first and foremost step is to Just fill a pot ( can use steamer or pressure cooker) with a couple of inches of water, then bring it to a boil, add peeled and quartered potatoes on top and let steam for 6-10 minutes.
The potatoes will be steamed, you can check with the knife goes through them with just a little resistance. This can also be done in the oven easily.
Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Look at those little brown bits with all the butter spices and crisps on the outside of your breakfast potato. I wanted to share these skillet potatoes with you in the summer, but no matter what I tried, I couldn’t find the same taste and texture that they do when you order them at your favorite breakfast addition. . I first tried to boil the potatoes, then roast them in the oven.
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Cook Time: 15 m
- Ready In: 20 m
- 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, russet or any, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cayenne, just a pinch
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- thyme, garlic, rosemary (optional)
Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Recipe Directions
- Microwave potato chunks (or use the steamer/pressure cooker) for 3½ to 4½ minutes. Once done, let potatoes cool to room temperature.
- Place the butter, olive oil, and the optional rosemary, thyme, and garlic into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter melts. The olive oil should heat through. Once the herbs begin to sizzle and pop, remove them and the garlic clove. Discard them.
- Line the potatoes evenly on the skillet and sprinkle seasonings generously. Toss to ensure even mixing.
- Cook until the potatoes are evenly browned, making sure to flip them every 2-3 minutes. Seasonings can be tweaked to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Find more potatoes breakfast recipes
Nutrition Facts For Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Note-Nutritional can be calculated by using 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Did you find the breakfast potatoes recipe interesting?
Please leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write us @firstname.lastname@example.org