You can make perfectly roasted crispy potatoes in the oven. Warming spices like cumin, garlic, and turmeric, give these simple roasted breakfast potatoes heavy flavor. They make a great combination with avocado, eggs, sausage, or bacon! It is a must-make recipe for breakfast and brunch.
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are one of the simplest yet yummy recipe for all my foodie lovers. Ingredients are very simple and can be found in any kitchen. So lets cook with me now.
- Prep Time: 15 m
- Cook Time: 45 m
- Ready In: 1 h
- 4 servings
- 2 pounds potatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- ½ medium-sized onion, diced. Yellow or white will work.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, try extra-virgin olive oil for best results
- ½ tsp table salt (sea salt works too)
- black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven on high, to about 425ºF or 218ºC.
- Mix the potato chunks, onion wedges and bell pepper in a large bowl. Pour cooking oil over the mix and add the salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Toss thoroughly.
- Place them on a large rimmed baking sheet, arranged in an even layer.
- Bake until the potatoes are soft. This should take about 45 to 50 minutes with stirring every 15 minutes to evenly brown them.
- Serve immediately.
Find more potatoes breakfast recipes
Nutrition Facts Roasted Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Note-Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Calories: 442kcal,
- Carbohydrates: 39g,
- Protein: 15g, Fat: 25g,
- Saturated Fat: 7g,
- Cholesterol: 54mg,
- Sodium: 521mg,
- Potassium: 1228mg,
- Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g,
- Vitamin A: 580IU,
- Vitamin C: 36.8mg,
- Calcium: 39mg,
- Iron: 2.6mg
Smoky Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
The delicious smoky roasted potatoes can be easily made in an oven and are not much expensive. You can enjoy a stress-free breakfast at your home with great taste and crispness.
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 50 mins
- Total time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 lbs. Potato
- One onion – yellow
- 2 Teaspoons of olive oil
- Smoked paprika 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 1/4 tbsp of salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the furnace to 400 degrees F. Well, wash the potatoes, then dice them into cubes of 1/2 to 3/4 inches. Dice the onion into pieces of the same size.
- In a bowl, add chopped potatoes, onion, and olive oil and mix them.
- Now add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Toss the potatoes in oil and spices until they are well coated.
- Line the parchment paper with a large baking sheet. On parchment paper, arrange potatoes and onions in a single layer.
- Let the potatoes roast for 40 minutes and keep stirring them until they turn brown and crispy. The timings for cooking depends on the potato sizes. Also, you can add more salt if needed.
- Use mayonnaise or sauce to serve along with it.
- Calories: 319 kcal
- Protein: 5.13 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.85g
- Fat: 6.8g
Oven-Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
Red-skin potatoes roasted perfectly and seasoned with fresh herbs, caramelized onions, and crispy bacon – gives you the ideal side dish to have in breakfast.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 4-5
- Red-skinned potatoes – cut into small pieces
- 5-6 bacon slices – fried and crumbled
- 1 onion yellow – diced
- 1-2 teaspoons of bacon grease – or olive oil
- 2 tbsp of rosemary new – minced
- Smoked paprika 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp of dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper – for taste
- Minced rosemary and thyme – for garnishing
- In a pan, cook bacon slices, remove them with a slotted spoon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve the grease for bacon.
- Preheat the oven to 400°C. Put parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Combine the potatoes, onions, herbs and seasonings, and the reserved bacon grease in a broad bowl and toss well to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Keep them on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes until potatoes turn golden brown.
- Top with bacon bits crumbled and fresh herbs minced to garnish.
Perfectly Crispy Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
The perfectly crispy roasted potatoes recipe is super quick, simple, and delicious.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 3 Big Potatoes, well washed & dried.
- 2 Tsp of Paprika Smoked.
- 1 Tsp Mustard Ground.
- Virgin Olive Oil Extra.
- Salt of the Coarse Sea & White Pepper.
- Optional: Parsley & Hot Sauce to serve.
- Start by preheating the oven to a temperature of 450 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes after cutting them into smaller pieces. Put a good glug of olive oil, smoked paprika, ground mustard, and a generous addition of salt and pepper in a shallow roasting pan. Mix well to coat.
- Keep them in the oven and allow them to get roasted for a half-hour until they obtain brown color. Also, keep shaking them frequently.
- You can also add toppings of parsley and hot sauce or whatever you prefer.
- You can serve it.
Nutritional Value: N/A
Do Potatoes Need To Be Boiled Before Roasting?
If you want potatoes to be soft then you should try boiling potatoes in advance. This will give potatoes the optimal crunch and crispiness. To do so you need to follow few steps and will be worthy and then you can customize it according to your preference.
Before baking them, there are many techniques people use to boil potatoes. Different kinds of potatoes, fat, and spices can be called for in recipes. The recipes of most of the dishes are quite similar but you can change and experiment with them according to your choice. You will need certain kitchen instruments to make this dish, such as:
- Board Cutting
- Knife Sharp
- Peeler potato (optional)
- Big boiling pot
- Sheet for Baking
- Parchment paper
You can change the ingredients if you want a different flavor or according to your preference or according to your healthy diet. But here are the few common ingredients you will be needing:
This method is best for white, yellow, red, and purple potatoes.
However, you may want to choose purple potatoes if you want the greatest nutritious boost.
Can You Roast Potatoes In Advance?
Never try to keep roast potatoes warm in a low-temperature oven. Take potatoes out when roasted perfectly and keep them aside. Thus, to serve them hot, re-roast potatoes in a hot oven to get the same crispiness, just right before eating. This technique can be used to cook the potatoes up to 8 hours in advance and reheat them to crisp and serve.
How Do I Make Roast Potatoes In The Air Fryer?
You’re going to be proud of just how fantastic your roasted potatoes would turn. The air fryer helps you in making more crunchy and crispy potatoes and soft from inside. These could become your favorite recipes for air fryers.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- With 1 lb. Baby potatoes, sliced in half
- For 1 tbsp. Olive Oil Extra-Virgin
- For 1 tsp. Powdered garlic
- For 1 tsp. Seasoning Italian
- For 1 tsp. Seasoning Cajun (optional)
- Salt of Kosher
- Black pepper freshly ground
- For garnish, finely chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, add oil, Italian seasoning (optional), and garlic powder, and then sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in an air-fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 400°C. Shake the basket, stir the potatoes, and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, until the potatoes are golden and tender.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the cooked potatoes. Before eating, garnish with parsley.
- Calories: 100kcal
- Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 2.1g
Try out any of the recipes, and you would get in result beautiful crispy oven-roasted breakfast potatoes. You might add the dish to your favorite items.
Did you find the breakfast potatoes recipe interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!
I’m the biggest foodie and crazy about exploring new tastes. Pleased to meet you! I love to cook all kinds of cuisine, I love to eat, I love my family, I love to travel. My passion for food brought me here, and I started this website. I am also passionate for these site , find my fellows sites Feng Shui Tips and Gardening Tips