Artichoke is a variety of spice that is cultivated as a food. It the most liked among people all over the world. The edible part of this plant is the flower bud, which comes before the flower blooms.
Fresh artichokes in the microwave can be cooked easily. In fact, microwave steaming technique is relatively quick.
And easier than preparing it in boiling water on the gas stove. Here we are going to see How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave? and we will cook some of the recipes to cook artichokes in the microwave.
#1 Artichoke Recipes Steamed In Microwave
Cooking fresh artichokes in the microwave is not rocket science. Steamed artichoke in a microwave is very healthy and delicious in taste. Also, they can be easily cooked in the microwave with the minimum things required to prepare them.
But make sure to use the freshest artichoke while steaming them in the microwave. As due to the dry nature of this method, artichokes may get rough texture.
You can follow the given recipe to prepare steamed artichokes microwave.
- Preparation Time = 2 Minutes
- Cooking time = 8 Minutes
- Total Time = 10 Minutes
- Artichoke medium size
- Olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder ½ tbsp
- Dried rosemary ½ tbsp
- Take a fresh artichoke and cut it into half. Now take a Ziploc bag and place the half-cut artichoke in it. Also, add olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Now add garlic powder and rosemary to the zip lock bag. Mix them while shaking it slowly.
- Now seal the zip lock bag and place it inside the microwave for 5 minutes on medium-high flame.
- After 5 minutes, carefully take out the bag from the microwave. Also, beware of the hot steam coming out of it when you’ll open the bag.
- Now take the artichokes out of the zip lock bag. Check whether the leaves of the artichokes are brittle and dried or not. However, if artichokes don’t attain the desired texture, it is advised to microwave them for an additional 2 minutes.
- Use a spoon and try to take out the middle part of the artichoke because it is fuzzy. Also, artichoke’s middle part is not suited for eating.
- it is not considered good to eat.
- Place them on the plate and peel the leaves of the artichokes, which will give you the delicious heart present at the end of the leaf to eat.
- Calories- 59 Kcal, Fat 3g
#2 How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave Bag?
Preparing an artichoke in a bag will help you to overcome the trouble of how to steam an artichoke in the microwave. It will also minimize the cooking time for preparing artichoke.
- Preparation Time = 10 Minutes
- Cooking time = 10 Minutes
- Total Time = 20 Minutes
- Fresh Artichokes 2
- Water ½ cup
- Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Ground Pepper
- ½ tbsp Salt
- Dried Thyme ¼ tbsp
- Take a knife and chop the top third part of the artichoke that is inedible. Also, remove the stem of the artichoke in a way that half an inch of it remains.
- leaving only about half an inch of it.
- Now take a microwave safe zip-lock bag. Fill it with water through half of the bag. Place it into the oven for around 8 minutes for smaller artichokes and 9 minutes for the larger one. You’ll find your steaming artichoke in microwave getting ready to eat.
- After the estimated oven time, take them out. Once artichoke is cooked well, it is easy to pull off its leaf. If they are not done, place them again in a microwave for a minute or two more.
- Keep them aside to let the heat cool off. You can use any sauce to serve it with the artichokes.
- When the artichokes cool down, take a knife and slice them into half. Take the white and pulpy center out of it.
- Take a brush and coat a layer of olive oil over it. Also, sparkle salt, black pepper, and thyme over it and serve it.
- Before eating remove the meat from the leaf and enjoy your artichoke.
- Calories- 410 Kcal, Fat 38g, Cholesterol 28mg
#3 Can I Cook A Globe Artichoke In The Microwave?
Yes, you can prepare globe microwaved artichokes. Globe Microwave artichoke recipe can be prepared by following these easy steps.
Since globe artichokes are larger in size as compared to the other artichokes, therefore the time taken by them to soften is high.
- Preparation Time = 3 Minutes
- Cooking time = 13 Minutes
- Total Time = 16 Minutes
- Globe Artichokes
- Water ¼ cup
- Take a globe artichoke and trim it by cutting the stem and tips of the leaves.
- Now cut the lemon into half and rub it over the artichokes. This will prevent it from getting brown in color.
- Now put the artichoke in microwave bowl and cover it using an airtight lid. Also, fill some water in it before covering it.
- It is going to be better if you place them in the upside down direction so that water doesn’t get filled in them.
- Cook them for around 11 minutes. When they are cooked for about 9 minutes, check them whether they have turned soft or not.
- When they become soft, it indicates they are suitable to eat. Take the water out of them and serve them.
- Calories- 380Kcal
#4 How To Microwave Stuffed Artichoke
Stuffed artichoke recipe is one of the quick artichokes recipes that you can prepare for your guest to impress them.
- Preparation Time = 5 Minutes
- Cooking time = 25 Minutes
- Total Time = 30 Minutes
- Minced garlic clove 4
- Fine chopped parsley 1
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Take a fresh artichoke to wash it and cut the stem from it. Also, trim the leaf tips of the artichoke from the ends.
- We have to microwave artichoke in bag for this recipe. Therefore, heat artichoke in a microwave bag for around 14-16 minutes. Also, twist bag’s end of the bag as well as pierce it to let it heat evenly.
- After you take out the artichoke from the microwave, let it cool down.
- Use a pan to melt better. Then sauté the onions as well as garlic in the melted butter.
- Now add bread crumbs, parsley, and cheese in it and mix it well.
- Pick up your artichoke and fill each leaf with the bread crumb mixture from the bottom of it.
- After filling the ingredients in each of them, microwave for another 4 minutes and serve it hot.
- Calories- 342Kcal
#5 Best microwave artichoke dip Recipe
Steamed microwaves can be one of the best ways to cook artichoke fast and it is best enjoyed with dip sauce. Here are two delicious sauce recipes that can be enjoyed with artichoke.
#Tarragon Chive Dipping Sauce
- Mayonnaise ½ cups
- Diced tarragon leaves 2 teaspoon
- Diced Chives 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Take a blender jar and add mayonnaise along with tarragon leaves in it.
- Blend it for a minute so that leaves get mixed in it.
- Now add chives and lemon juice to the mixture as per the taste.
- Enjoy your sauce. You can also store it in order to use in future.
- Calories- 226Kcal
#Melted Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- Melted Butter ½ cup
- Lemon Juice 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder ¼ teaspoon
- Take a pan and melt butter in it. Now, pour it into a mixer jar.
- Add lemon juice and garlic powder to the blender and blend them.
- If you want garlic flavor to be stronger you can add diced garlic cloves to it. It will give the sauce a strong flavor.
- Calories- 182 Kcal
How To Make Steamed Artichokes Video
#6 What Are The Ways To Eat Artichoke?
Artichokes can be eaten either cold or hot, but most people prefer to eat it hot. Artichokes can be easily cooked in an oven and they are best served with dip. Steamed artichoke in microwave can be eaten in many ways.
- The easiest way to eat an artichoke is to steam it and pull off its outer leaves, dip it in melted butter, sauce, and vinegar.
- One more way is to grip one end of the petal in your mouth and peel scraping with your teeth. Also, dip it in your favorite sauce and enjoy it.
- Take a knife or spoon and scrape out the fuzzy part from the middle of the artichoke because that part is not suitable to eat.
- Some people even like to eat the artichoke heart. This heart should be cut into pieces and melted and dipped in butter or sauce to enjoy it.
#7 How To Prepare Globe Artichoke?
The following recipe will tell you How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave. Follow these steps and prepare your globe artichoke.
- Preparation Time = 5 Minutes
- Cooking time = 35 Minutes
- Total Time = 35 Minutes
- Large Globe Artichokes
- Cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf
- Lemon Slice
- Take an artichoke and use a scissor to cut the little thorns at the end of the leaves.
- From the top of the artichoke, slice it about ¾ inches from the tip.
- There may be small leaves on the base artichoke. Remove them and also cut it’s stem.
- The stem may or may not make the artichoke taste better. But certainly, some people prefer eating it. Therefore, it’s up to you to eat the stem or not.
- Now rinse the artichokes in running water. Aso, open them up a little bit while washing so that they get washed nicely.
- Take a large pot. Then, add garlic, lemon, and bay leaf to it. Fill it with water and put artichokes in it and place them in the microwave for around 10 minutes.
- Cover the top of the container so that steam doesn’t escape from it.
- Take them out. Drain the water and serve them hot.
- Calories- 187Kcal
#8 How Long Does It Take To Cook Two Medium Artichokes In The Microwave?
Usually people get confused in how long to microwave an artichoke. The cooking time for artichoke depends on its size.
For two medium artichokes, the cooking time of 6 to 9 minutes is appropriate. Use a toothpick to check the softness of artichokes.
If the toothpick penetrates easily, it indicates that artichokes have cooked well. However, if it doesn’t penetrate easily, it is advised to increase the cooking time.
For large artichokes, a cooking time of 10 to 12 minutes is fine. It can be also checked by the same method given above.
These time duration will also clear your doubt about how long do artichokes take to steam.
#9 How Do You Soften Fresh Artichokes?
The best and easiest way to cook an artichoke is by softening them. Therefore, now the concern arises how you’ll soften them. Follow these steps to know an easy way to do it.
- Preparation Time = 2 Minutes
- Cooking time = 10 Minutes
- Total Time = 12 Minutes
- Take the artichokes and cover them with water and place them in a microwave container.
- Season the artichokes with salt and mix it well in the water.
- Keep it in the oven on medium-high heat for around 10-12 minutes and don’t forget to cover the container with a lid.
- Now take them out and prick them with a toothpick to see whether they have become soft or not. If not place them again for 2-3 minutes.
#10 How Long Artichokes Take To Cook In Boiling Water?
Artichokes soften down and become edible when they are boiled in water. Some people doubt that can you microwave artichokes. Yes! You can definitely do it and in the microwave, it will take less time for them to become soft.
The medium-sized artichokes can be cooked in around 6-10 minutes while they are in the oven on medium-high heat. However, the larger ones take time around 10-15 minutes to be cooked in boiling water.
If you’re cooking it on flame it will take around 35-40 minutes for the artichokes to be made in boiling water.
You may also like to find interesting recipes below.
- How To Cut A Steak [Exclusive 14 Slicing Tips] Like A Pro
- How To Freeze Fresh Broccoli [Exclusive #9 PRO Ways To Try]
- What Is Denver Steak? Amazing Mouth-Watering Recipes
- How To Make Iced Chocolate Best (#14) Must-Try Recipes [For Chocolate Lovers]
- How To Make Red Eye Gravy | Top (12) Yummy! Delish Recipes
- How to Freeze Egg Yolks (Best 11+ Tips To Preserve Leftover)
- How To Cook a Traditional Japanese Breakfast(#13+ Recipes)
- How To Make Grape Juice (#8 Quick & Healthy Ways) Must Try!
FAQs on How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave?
Q: What is the easiest way to cook an artichoke?
Heat water and salt to the point of boiling. There should be sufficient water to cover the artichoke. Add artichoke to the water, decrease to a stew, cover and cook until the leaves can be handily pulled off, around 20 to 35 minutes relying upon the size. Channel and cool prior to eating.
Q: How do you soften artichokes?
Cover the artichokes with water, season with about a tablespoon of legitimate salt and heat to the point of boiling over high warmth. Decrease the warmth, cover and stew delicately for 15 minutes.
Q: Is it better to steam or boil artichokes?
You can bubble, flame broil, braise, or stuff and heat artichokes. Be that as it may, my #1 method to cook artichokes, and the most effortless approach to cook them, is to steam them. I find that bubbling artichokes will in general water-log them, however steaming artichokes cooks them with the perfect measure of dampness.
Q: What part of the artichoke is poisonous?
The lone part you can’t eat is the bristly stifle inside, and the sharp, stringy external segment of the leaves. The gag isn’t toxic, nor is the intense piece of the leaves, yet it is a gagging risk, and suitably named.
Q: How do I know if artichokes are done?
You can tell when your artichoke is cooked by deftly removing a leaf. In the event that it tumbles off effectively, it’s most likely cooked. However, certainly – chill it off and take a nibble from the lower part of the leaf for example the part closest the innards of artichoke. It’s a little part, however this is the lone piece of the leaf that is consumable.
Q: How long to steam artichokes
Spot the artichokes in the steaming fluid, base up. Cover and stew for around 30 minutes. To eat, pull off a leaf and scratch the meat off the delicate end with your front teeth
Q: How long do artichokes last
Usually Prepared Artichokes which is sealed in an air-tight container can last for a year Unopened. On the other hand, opened jar Artichokes can stay up to 6 months.
Q: How To Reheat Artichokes
In a small glass bowl fill ¼ cup water, ½ teaspoon lemon juice and ½ teaspoon oil. Make sure to cover the glass with plastic wrap. Heat it for 6 to 7 minutes, and check if artichoke is soften with a toothpick.
In this article, we have told you about How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave, how to steam artichokes in the microwave, the easiest way to cook artichokes, and how to cook artichokes fast.
Try out artichoke steam recipe above and let us know your feedback.
We hope you will try these recipes and make delicious artichokes for yourself and your families.
Did you find the How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave Recipes interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as small bloggers, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!