What Is Honey Whiskey?
Whiskey and Honey together are known as the cocktail power couple. With Honey’s sweetness along with whiskey’s comforting warmth, they are just better together.
This recipe became famous recently and people prefer making it at home because it is easy to prepare. All you need is just a whiskey, honey syrup, and a jar to get the perfect blend.
Quick Content Links
In this article, we will talk about How To Make Honey Whiskey, whiskey made from honey, whiskey honey liqueur, honey scotch, honey whiskey cocktail, whiskey and honey drink, whiskey liqueur and some other American honey whiskey recipes.
Can We Drink Whisky With Honey?
We can definitely mix Whisky with honey to make a great combination. They’re simply better together.its perfect for any cocktail with balancing flavours of sweet honey and warmth of Whisky.
What can you mix with honey whiskey
Below are the things which goes well along with honey whiskey.
- Lemonade Drink.
- Club Soda.
- Sweet Vermouth.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (one to two tablespoon)
- Coffee (any kind of coffee is fine)
How To Make Honey Whiskey With Lemon?
Homemade Honey whiskey with a tinge of lemon adds to its taste and makes a delicious concoction. The easy and tasty recipe you can follow to make your honey whiskey with lemon.
- Preparation time: 5min
- Cooking time: 25min
- ½ cup of raw honey
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of lemonade
- Whiskey (as much as you need)
- ¼ cup of soda
- Slices of fresh lemon
- 2 stems of rosemary, herb basil, mint, or lavender with some leaves for garnishing purpose.
- Take some water in a small saucepan, start heating it, and then add some honey to it. After a while add the herbal sprig in it and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Then, let it cool down.
- Take a shot glass, drop ice in it, and pour one shot of whiskey. Add your prepared lemonade along with 1 teaspoon of honey simple syrup along with soda. Use herbs and leaves for garnishing purpose and serve.
Best Honey Whiskey Brand In The World
Although there are various brands that manufacture honey whiskey shot all over the world. Therefore, it is really difficult to pick one from them.
But Wild Turkey’s American Honey is considered to be the best-flavored honey whiskey by the experts.
List Of Liqueur Made From Whiskey With Honey Added
Before we learn How To Make Honey Whiskey at home. Lets mention some honourable and good honey whiskey brands, that are popular world wide.
- Atholl Brose
- Heaven Hill
- Irish Mist
- Jeremiah Weed
- Jim Beam Honey
- Jim Beam Red Stag
- Glenfiddich Malt liqueur
- Glenturret Malt liqueur
- Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey
How To Make Honey Whiskey Cough Syrup?
Whiskey and honey for cough- As surprising it may sound but honey and whiskey works like wonder for cough. The ingredients involved have medicinal values so we will be discussing them as well in this section.
Here we are going to prepare homemade cough syrup with whiskey. It’s also called whiskey cough medicine and acts as a great whiskey cough remedy for the cold.
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
Whiskey Cough Syrup Recipe Ingredients
|Honey||It makes a coating layer on the throat which improves our immune system. Also, it has antibacterial properties. You can also use honey to keep the infection away and to heal burns. If you have a wound that has pus then you can use honey there as well.|
|Whiskey||It works as an anesthetic; It will help you sleep better which is very much required while you have a cough. Your body won’t rejuvenate if you are not getting enough rest. Whiskey is also a better antioxidant than red wine so it is a better choice.|
|Lemon||Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. Also, it helps in cleansing the body. The reason why lemon is so beneficial for the liver is, it can cut through mucous which is where cold is usually accompanied. It is acidic in nature which helps in developing strong immunity as well.|
|Peppermint||It is used for flavoring and it also helps control coughing. It’s natural cooling capabilities also help in sore throat.|
- Mix ½ cup of water and ¼ cup of lemon juice and melt ¼ peppermint stick in it.
- To the pot, add 1.5 cups of raw honey and ½ cup of Southern Comfort. Also, reduce the heat.
- Stir well to mix the ingredients and put another ¼ stick of peppermint in the jar.
- Pour the mixture in the jar where you have put the peppermint stick.
- Let it cool and it is ready to be served.
How To Make A Pint Of Whiskey Honey And Lemon?
Honey whiskey drink recipes-If you use honey and lemon in the right amount they can be a perfect companion for making the whiskey. Here is a recipe to make a pint of whiskey from honey and lemon.
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cook time: 5 min
- One ounce of bourbon or dark rum
- Two teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of pure honey
- ¼ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of brewed tea or hot water
- Lemon slices
- Take a mug and preheat it, and then put some honey and lemon juice in it.
- Now add hot tea or hot water to it and mix it with the honey properly.
- Finally add the bourbon or rum in it and stir well
- Garnish it with a lemon slice.
- Calories- 129gm,
- Carbohydrates- 18gm,
- Total Sugars- 17gm
What Does Whiskey And Honey Do?
Whiskey acts as an effective decongestant and hence it is beneficial in cough and cold. Alcohol also helps in dilating the blood vessels. Find below effective benefits.
- If you take some warm honey and whiskey together then the steam from your drink will work along with the decongestant property of whiskey. Also, it helps the mucus membrane to deal with congestion issues.
- A combination of honey and lemon or honey infused moonshine helps relieve you from the scratchy throat. It works as a soothing agent in sore throats and provides ease in the cough.
- Both honey and lemon are natural antiseptics and they can heal any throat related problems fast. Honey covers the throat and it can provide instant relief from pain and itching.
- Cinnamon and honey are also taken together to cure cough, all of these ingredients have an antiseptic property and honey adds Vitamin C as well.
- Whiskey can also be taken at night as it can help relax the body and it promotes a nice bedtime sleep. But always consume it in a small amount. Remember the goal is to get better not getting drunk.
Also read below interesting recipes.
- (#11 Homemade) Vegan Yogurt Recipe (Wallah! Ready In 5 Minutes)
- How To Make A Milkshake At Home- Best Yet Easy (# 15 Recipes)
- How To Make Iced Chocolate Best (#14) Must-Try Recipes [For Chocolate Lovers]
How To Make Honey Whiskey Homemade Concoction
Below are the Instructions step by step procedure on How To Make Honey Whiskey at home.
- The first thing you will need to do is find a nice base, and by definition, whiskey is a grain-based spirit.
- There are plenty of options available- rye, corn, barley, or wheat or a blend of multiple grains together.
- Now it is worth mentioning that every grain has its distinguished taste so choose wisely. Now we will explain the process by taking corn as our base.
- Next step is to cook the corn at a very high temperature. This helps to expose the sugar present inside the grain, prefer cooking it in the water.
- The easiest and safest method to brew corn is by getting a home brewing kit for beer. This process is quite complicated and requires sheer precision. And it is done by master distillers.
- herefore, don’t worry about getting it right the first time.
- After cooking the corn, mash it using a rolling pin. Then add some yeast into your cooked corn mush.
- This process is pretty complicated as well because yeast would only live in a specific range of temperatures.
- Therefore, you might want to consult some experts or you can just get a home brewing kit to get it right.
- Once you have got that right, the fermentation process would only last a few days and your whiskey would finally start to look like one.
- Your mixture would turn from the sweetest oatmeal to a somewhat sour mash that you wouldn’t want to eat.
- The first indication that your whiskey is finally starting to take its form is the absence of sugar.
- The absence of sugar indicates that yeast has done its job. It is important to do the fermentation process right.
- DO NOT under any circumstances start the distillation process unless you have got the fermentation done right.
- You can consult an expert to taste your mash to see if it’s right or not.
- Now you need to take a still and strain your mash in it. Here you need to be extremely careful that still have no leaks because once the alcohol will be vaporized.
- The whole process will become extremely combustible. That’s why safety is the utmost requirement of this step.
- Some companies sell small stills so you can use them for this purpose.
After placing the mash securely in the still you can just wait now. Ideally, mash should remain at a temperature of around 80 degrees Celsius to facilitate the evaporation of alcohol.
- When the heat reaches the desired level, the mash will start evaporating in vapour.
- Turn it into a distilled container that contains a constant supply of cold water.
- The vapour that rises inside it will convert back into liquid form in the new container.
Can You Made Vodka From Honey?
Vodka is basically flavorless; It is made up of wheat, potatoes, rice, corn, sorghum, rye, and any other form of plant that is rich in sugar or starch.
It is distilled into alcohol, which further undergoes the process of fractional distillation. It is distilled sometimes almost three to five times according to the need which is further filtered.
This process is there to provide a base ingredient for your cocktail. Because if vodka is not prepared nicely it can cause a burning effect in the stomach.
If your vodka is good it will disappear. Vodka can be very well made from Honey also. We can make it by diluting the water with yeast that will consume the sugar present in the honey.
This process produces alcohol which is also known as honey whisky/wine that Is formed by fermented honey. But you have to take care of one thing that honey wine is distilled twice only not more than that in any case.
This makes this process a little unusual as all the other vodkas are distilled a minimum of three times.
What Alcohol Is Made With Honey?
How do you infuse alcohol with honey? Mead is a type of alcohol that is made by fermenting honey with water in addition to which various fruits, grains, hops, and spices are added. These are the drinks made with honey whiskey.
The content of alcohol in this is about 3.6%. The major characteristic of mead is that the majority of mead beverages are made from the sugar fermented from honey.
History Of Mead Alcohol
The production of mead started in ancient times in Asia, Europe, and Africa. Infact, in some mythologies, it carries an important role. The main reference of this is given in Norse Mythology.
As per this mythology, the blood of a wise being, Kyasir, Mead of Poetry was crafted that turned a drinker into a scholar or a poet.
Mead and honey wine are terms that are often used alternatively. In some cultures, they convey different meanings.
For example in Hungary mead is made from water, honey and yeast. On the other hand, honey wine is made from the pumice of fruits.
How To Make Mead Alcohol
The mead is fermented almost at a similar temperature at which wine is fermented and the yeast that is used for making mead is also almost identical to the one that is used in making whiskey wine.
It has a similar resemblance to the yeast, particularly white wine. This is popular between many of the home winemakers as they use yeast for making their meads.
This process is carried out by searching the specific gravity of the mead before fermenting. Also, when the process of fermentation is carried out it is kept constant using a refractometer or hydrometer.
The final proportion of alcohol can also be determined by the mead makers during this process. It also helps to overcome the problem of fermentation halting prematurely or yeast getting dried.
What To Drink With Honey Whiskey
Below are 7 Great combinations of drinks to make with honey whiskey which go well.
- Club Soda.
- Apple Cider.
- Sparkling Water
- Sweet Vermouth.
- Honey flavored liquor.
How To Make Homemade Whiskey Without a Still
So far we have understood all the best methods on How To Make Honey Whiskey at home. According to Federal law it is legal to own a still.But for that you must own Federal Fuel Alcohol permit to distill alcohol.
Also read below interesting recipes.
- How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave Best [#10 Recipes]
- How To Cut A Steak [Exclusive 14 Slicing Tips] Like A Pro
- How To Freeze Fresh Broccoli [Exclusive #9 PRO Ways To Try]
- What Is Denver Steak? Amazing Mouth-Watering Recipes
How Do You make whiskey at home
Below is the complete recipe to make your own whiskey. Follow the guide step by step.
Faqs on How to make honey whiskey?
How do you make spirit honey?
Steps to follow below:
Step1-Heat 2.5 gallons of water to 160° F and mix in 1 gallon of nectar until totally disintegrated.
Step2-Add an extra 2.5 gallons of room temperature water to the nectar arrangement.
Step3-Cool to 70F utilizing a drenching chiller.
Step4-Aerate by pouring pound to and fro between two containers.
Add yeast of decision.
Are whiskey and honey good for you?
The whiskey in hot drinks open veins and encourages bodily fluid films to battle contamination. Boiling water can lessen clog in the nose and sinuses. honey has antibacterial characteristics and gives extra cell reinforcements that battle contaminations and assists with calming a bothersome throat.
what goes with Honey Whiskey ?
Along with Honey Whiskey, you can compliment the below things.
Honey Whiskey Sour.
Jack Honey Sweetened Blackberry Tea.
Wildflower Honey Punch.
Best honey whiskey mixed drinks
You can prepare many Whisky and Honey Cocktails at home. few are below. Penicillin,Gold Rush,Chai Hot Toddy etc.
Whether you just want to enjoy your whiskey a bit differently or you are looking for its medicinal purpose, whiskey honey drink is a perfect choice.
In this article, we have taught you how to make honey whiskey, how to make honey liqueur, honey scotch, honey whiskey cocktail, honey bourbon, bourbon flavored honey, different honey liqueur recipes, what to mix with honey liquor, and almost everything related to this drink. So make sure to try it.
Did you find the How To Make Honey Whiskey At Home recipes interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a small blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!
I’m the biggest foodie and crazy about exploring new tastes. Pleased to meet you! I love to cook all kinds of cuisine; I love to eat; I love my family, and I love to travel. My passion for food brought me here, and I started this website. I am also passionate about this site.