What is a caramel macchiato? A caramel macchiato is a sweet and caffeinated beverage made of coffee. It is mainly served to customers who have a sweet tooth and do not mind the extra sugar kick that comes with their coffee.
How To Make Caramel Macchiato? One of the few drinks that can be enjoyed the same hot or cold, a caramel macchiato is one of the most popular caffeinated beverages ordered at Starbucks. It is usually made with steamed milk, caramel drizzle, a shot of espresso coffee, and whipped cream, which is optional.
What Is In A Caramel Macchiato? Ingredients
How to make a caramel macchiato? Here are some of the ingredients you need to make caramel macchiato at home for yourself or your family and friends.
- Vanilla flavored syrup: 1 tablespoon
- Ice cubes
- Milk: three-fourths of a cup
- Coffee, according to your preferences
- Caramel sauce: 1 tablespoon
These ingredients have been listed in order to give you a brief idea of what exactly you need to make that perfect cup of caramel macchiato. When it comes to the coffee and the caramel sauce, you can choose whatever you want. However, just a tip: better ingredients and premium quality coffee is always better when you’re trying to make the perfect cup.
How Does Mcdonald’s Make Caramel Macchiato?
How to make a macchiato? Some of the best caramel macchiatos are served at McDonald’s, one of the world’s biggest fast-food chains. With the kind of caramel macchiatos they make, you’ll be slurping out of your cup in no time, always wanting more. Want to make the same cup of caramel macchiato for yourself at home? It’s no big deal at all!
- Caramel Drizzle
- Caramel syrup
- The Iced Caramel Macchiato at McDonald’s is made with rich and dark roasted coffee and is served with whole or non-fat milk, according to the customer’s preferences. For making the same coffee at home, you might use whatever milk it is you have or prefer with your coffee. This coffee is topped off with buttery caramel drizzle and served.
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Caffeine: 150mg
What Is The Difference Between A Caramel Macchiato And A Caramel Latte?
When you’re wondering what you want to order in your favourite coffee place and looking at two options: a macchiato and a latte, there is a lot of confusion. Even if you choose what’s best for you, it is a fact that not many people know the difference between the different types of prepared coffees around the world.
A macchiato is just espresso mixed with steamed milk. However, on the other land, a latte is an espresso mixed with steamed milk and foamed milk. In Italian, the literal meaning of the word macchiato is “spotted”. Hence, this refers to the typical spots that the macchiato has on top of the drink. A latte is a tall and milk-forward drink that is not as strong as a macchiato.
Whether a macchiato has caramel added to it or a latte has a caramel added to it, it makes no difference when it comes to the flavours of the coffee itself and the caffeine content. Even after the addition of caramel in both the beverages the caramel macchiato is still a far stronger beverage than a latte.
- How To Make Cappuccino With Nespresso | Top 12 Recipes
- How To Make A Cappuccino Without A Machine [9+ PRO Ways]
- How To Make Honey Whiskey At Home [10 Quick + Easy Ways]
- How To Make Iced Chocolate Best (#14) Must-Try Recipes [For Chocolate Lovers]
How To Make An Iced Caramel Macchiato
Here are some of the ingredients that you need to make this amazing cup of coffee at home. Make sure you measure the ingredients according to the quantities mentioned before you start following the instructions for making them:
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 1
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Milk (3/4th cup)
- Ice cubes (⅓ cup)
- Vanilla flavoured syrup (1 tbsp)
- Coffee (premium) 4 ounces
- For the first step, you need to pour vanilla syrup to the bottom of a glass. A transparent glass is preferable for this step. Next, you must add the requisite quantity of ice cubes and pour in the milk in the same glass. Make sure that the glass does not overflow. There are more ingredients that will follow in the next step.
- Now, slowly pour the cold brew concentrate into the glass that has the milk. You must make sure that a little froth gets accumulated at the top of the glass for increased texture and feel.
- Now, use the tablespoon of caramel sauce and drizzle it over the coffee. Make a light drizzle so that the sauce rests on the froth without drowning into the glass.
Special note: As you make your drink according to the instructions above, you will see that the coffee will hang at the top of the drink. You have the option of enjoying individual layers of the coffee as they will settle down in the glass.
- Protein: 10g
- Carbs: 17.5g
- Fat: 5.5g
Caramel Macchiato Starbucks Recipe
This is the starbucks caramel macchiato recipe.
- Preparation time: 5-7 mins
Here are some of the things you need to make the perfect caramel macchiato Starbucks at home for yourself, your friends or your family.
- 1 shot espresso made from your favourite coffee
- 1 cup of milk (2% milk is preferred)
- 1 Tablespoon Starbucks vanilla syrup
- Caramel sauce (Hershey’s is a good option)
- Prepare one shot of espresso in your kitchen beforehand. To make this, you can either use any of the techniques available elsewhere or use a machine that makes the shot for you.
- You have to use the 2% milk that you brought and froth it. If you’re using a machine to froth your milk, use the medium setting for the perfect froth.
- After the milk has been frothed well, you must pour the vanilla syrup to the bottom of the mug in which you want to drink your coffee
- Now, fill the mug with milk and then fill the remaining portion of the cup with the froth that you obtained in the second step
- Now, pour the espresso shot through the foam into the cup for the perfect caffeine addition to your drink
- Take the caramel sauce and drizzle it over the froth of the mug so that it stays there, suspended
- Now you can enjoy your perfect homemade Caramel Macchiato at home!
- Carbs: 27.8g
- Fat: 8g
How To Make Caramel Macchiato Sweeter
When you’re making caramel macchiato for yourself, you have to be prepared for your coffee that day to be sweet; very sweet. Hence, you must make sure that the ingredients you add are according to the recipe!
If you have had caramel macchiato before and think that you want it a little sweeter, there are several things you can do to make that happen. With the caramel drizzle, you get the sweetness and the flavor in the drink.
Drizzling a little more caramel into your coffee will make it sweeter. If you want, you could also add a little more vanilla syrup to the coffee to make it even more interesting and sweet.
Although many people don’t prefer this, you could also add powdered sugar to your coffee. If you’re on a diet, you could use saccharin or a natural alternative like stevia for the same effect.
Find below my top recommendation on Caramel Macchiato k cups for you.
- 100% Arabica coffee, inspired by the Starbucks...
- Made with whole milk powder, sugar, natural...
- Product 1: Country String: United States
- Product 2: Safety Warning: Store Single Serve Cups...
- (3) 6-Count Retail Boxes = TOTAL of 18 K-Cup &...
- Ships in Retail Packaging, as Shown
Last update on 2021-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How To Make Caramel Macchiato With Keurig
Here is how you can make the perfect cup of caramel macchiato with keurig.
- 1 regular dark roast Keurig cup
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 pumps of vanilla syrup which amounts to around 4tsp
- Caramel for drizzling
- Ice cubes for coldness
- Brew a keurig cup at the smallest cup and set it aside for some time. You can use the Shot option on the K-Cafe or the 4-ounce cup size for the other models. However, if you only have the 6-ounce option, you can use the 2 to 3 ounces of coffee for the following recipe.
- Now you must add 3 pumps of the vanilla syrup in the cup and fill the cup halfway with the ice cubes
- With that, you must slowly pour the cold milk into the cup and mix thoroughly
- Now it is time for you to add the coffee. Slowly pour the coffee into the mug and when it has settled, you must use a generous amount of caramel sauce to drizzle on top
- Calories: 260g
- Carbs: 18g
How To Make Caramel Macchiato Frappuccino?
How to make iced caramel macchiato? To make a caramel macchiato frap at your home just like the one they make at Starbucks, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee, cooled. For these purposes, you can also use cold-brewed coffee
- 1 cup of low-fat milk or 2% milk
- 2-3 tablespoons (or more) of caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar (or less)
- To make a Frappuccino, you must blend all the ingredients given above (ice, coffee, milk, caramel sauce and sugar) with a blender and then pour out the drink into huge glasses. Also, you can add whipped cream on top if you like.
- Carbs: 17g
- Protein: 6g
- Calories: 250g
It’s that simple!
How Much Caramel Macchiato Starbucks Calories Are?
The Starbucks macchiato has around 210 calories per cup. This depends on the ingredients you have asked for.
If you asked for extra whipped cream or an extra splash of vanilla or caramel, that count can go up. The calorie count on the drink can also depend on whether you have the hot drink or the iced. The hot caramel macchiato usually has a little more energy (around 260 calories).
What Is Upside Down Caramel Macchiato
The upside-down version of your caramel macchiato is usually entirely different from your regular coffee drink. Since your caramel is at the bottom of the glass or the cup there is no marking at the top of your drink.
Also, you can’t see the caramel drizzle in the upside-down macchiato. The iced caramel macchiato recipe is completely different from the upside-down version.
When you order an upside-down caramel coffee, your barista will start off by adding the caramel to your beverage cup. When the coffee is made, the entire process for making caramel macchiato is simply reversed.
The coffee is added before the milk and the vanilla syrup is added at the end. When you sip the coffee, you taste the caramel first and its flavour because the straw will pick that up first.
However, when you sip through more, you get a flavored coffee taste that is uniform throughout the coffee till the end.
After the coffee has finished (almost), you get a strong burst of vanilla flavor from the syrup that was added in the end. Hence, the upside-down caramel macchiato is a complete reversal of the caramel macchiato recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs) On How To Make Caramel Macchiato
Q1: Do You Stir A Caramel Macchiato?
No, you should not stir a caramel macchiato under any circumstances. When you stir a caramel macchiato, the different flavours get mixed and the essence of the drink is lost.
Q2: Is A Caramel Macchiato Better Hot Or Cold?
The caramel macchiatos are a huge hit when they are iced in the summer season. However, caramel macchiatos (in the interest of tradition) are served hot, not cold.
Q3: Is A Macchiato Stronger Than A Latte?
Yes, macchiato is a stronger coffee than a latte. This is because a macchiato coffee is made with just a shot of espresso and steamed milk whereas a latte is made with steamed as well as frothed milk.
Q4: What Kind Of Milk Is In A Caramel Macchiato?
The milk that is used by Starbucks is usually 2% milk. However, according to your personal taste, you can also use non-fat or soy milk (if you’re vegan). Whole milk is also a popular option with people who drink caramel macchiatos regularly.
Q5: What Is Similar To A Caramel Macchiato?
If you loved the beverage the last time you had a Starbucks caramel macchiato, you must try adding vanilla sweet cream to the mix also. Many people who love caramel macchiato also love iced cinnamon almond milk macchiato.
- How To Make Spaghetti Sandwich @Home- Top 10 Tips + Recipes
- Amazing  Alcohol Cookies Recipes (Easy + Mouthwatering)
One of the most popular Starbucks beverages is caramel macchiato, and now we have discovered How To Make Caramel Macchiato? With the above instructions with reference to how you can make this beverage, we hope that not only will you enjoy the beverage at home, but also get the exact same kick you get when you order the caramel macchiato at Starbucks!
Did you find the How To Make Caramel Macchiato? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!