Plain yogurt is made from milk. It is naturally pure white in color in the form of thick liquid and has a tangy flavor. Plain yogurt also has various health-related benefits such as it improves digestion, makes your gut healthy, and regulates metabolism.
Some people don’t like yogurt in plain form. Hence, if you are one of them, here are some of the tips that will give you an answer to how to make plain yogurt taste good.
How To Make Plain Yogurt Taste Better In Keto Diet?
In the keto diet, plain yogurt is one of the things that the people following this diet usually prefer. The reason being, it has low carbs and tastes delicious.
However, if you are looking for ways for how to make plain yogurt taste better while being on the keto diet. We’ve brought a recipe for you to do so.
- Preparation Time = 2 minutes
- Cooking Time = 5 minutes
- Total Time = 7 minutes
- Plain Yogurt ½ cup
- Whip cream
- Sweetener of choice 3 tsp
- Low carb berries (Optional)
- Nuts (Optional)
- Take the yogurt in a container and whip it until it loses some of its thickness.
- Add whipped cream in it and continue whipping, mix it well with yogurt.
- Now put the desired sweetener in it until you get the desired sweet taste.
- Top it up with nuts and berries.
- Calories- 145kcal, Fat-13g, Carbohydrates-2g, and Protein 2g
For all my vegan friends, find below- (#11 Homemade) Vegan Yogurt Recipe (Wallah! Ready In 5 Minutes).
How To Make Greek Yogurt Taste Less Sour?
In the above section, we have resolved the query How To Make Plain Yogurt Taste Better? Now we will see how to add different flavors in green yogurt.
Greek yogurt tastes a little bit sour than normal yogurt. We have enlisted a few things that you can add to Greek yogurt. Also, it will help you to overcome the dilemma of how to make plain Greek yogurt taste better.
#1 Cacao Nibs
Cacao nibs are considered better than dark chocolates because they are not processed much. Also, the sugar content inside them is also less.
They also have caffeine content in them that is very less in an amount that will add taste to your yogurt.
Sweeteners like maple syrup are mixed instantly with yogurt. They take less than 30 seconds to mix but they can add the taste as well as sweetness to your yogurt. You just need to add them accordingly and ensure that you don’t make your yogurt extra sweet.
One more way of flavoring plain yogurt is to add nuts and seeds to your yogurt. It will add crunch in it and make your yogurt a full-fledged meal.
Also, find below- How To Make A Milkshake At Home- Best Yet Easy (# 15 Recipes)
What All Things To Mix With Plain Yogurt?
Yogurt tastes delicious in itself. But there is a whole range of food items that you can use to enhance the plain Greek yogurt taste. Some of them we have enlisted below. Do add them to give your yogurt extra yummy touch.
- Cocoa Chips
- Roasted Veggies
- Roasted Almonds
- Granola Bar
- Caramel Sauce
- Cracker Jacks
How To Make Greek Yogurt Taste Good Without Sugar?
Apart from adding sweetener, you can also make Greek yogurt taste good without sugar. If you are looking for how to flavor plain Greek yogurt, you can try below mentioned things:
A topping of chili, tacos, nachos, or a mixture of fat-free sour cream can be added to the plain yogurt. In this way, you won’t be adding any sugar content to your yogurt while making it taste better as well as healthy.
#2 Sour Cream
One more way to make you Greek yogurt taste good is by mixing half of the sour cream with half of your plain yogurt. In this way, you can enjoy your flavored Greek yogurt.
How To Make Yogurt At Home?
Making yogurt at home is an easy endeavor that you can perform without any difficulty. Just follow these steps to prepare yogurt at home:
- Preparation Time = 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time = 4 hours
- Total Time = 4 hours 5 minutes
- Milk 8 cups
- ½ cup yogurt (containing active cultures)
- Take the milk and pour it into a container. Use the oven to boil the milk on a medium temperature range. The boiling temperature must be around 200F. Also, keep stirring because sometimes the milk on the bottom doesn’t boil.
- Let the milk cool down to the temperature of 112 F to 115 F. Keep stirring it so that skin of foam doesn’t develop on it.
- Now add yogurt to one cup of boiled milk. Then, whisk it smoothly until the yogurt gets completely dissolved.
- While you finish the whisking, pour the thin yogurt into your warm milk. This will help to inculcate the bacteria culture in the yogurt.
- Either leave the yogurt overnight or keep it in the refrigerator for a minimum period of 4 hours. This time duration will help the culture to breed and yogurt will become thick and little sour.
- Once the yogurt is set. After transferring yogurt to a container, refrigerate it. By preparing yogurt with this method, you can use it for almost 2 weeks.
Top 5 Yogurt Recipes To Try At Home
Most people find it difficult to figure out what to add to plain Greek yogurt to taste better. Here are 5 yogurt recipes that you can try at home.
#1 Yogurt Parfait
Parfait is a type of healthy, delicate yogurt-based recipe that will help your body to re-energize. This dish is packed with the freshness and goodness of fruits like watermelon, kiwis, and berries. You just need to add them all with your yogurt and blend them. After that just enjoy it.
#2 Curd Rice
It is one of the simplest dishes of yogurt to prepare. This dish can be made anytime whenever you are hungry and don’t want to make something heavy. If you add some carrot, urad dal, or chana dal into this, it would further enhance yogurt’s taste.
#3 Dahi Bhalla
I don’t think it’s fair that we mention dishes made from dahi and don’t mention Dahi Bhalla. This can be topped with chutneys and poured over the Bhalla that are drenched in curd.
This is the perfect yogurt-based recipe for your breakfast. This will give you a richness of fiber along with raisins or any fruits of your choice. In fact, oatmeal acts as an enhancer for Greek yogurt taste.
#5 Crunch Pudding
Crunch pudding will be made by adding ground cane sugar, breadcrumbs, or cinnamon that can be topped with honey, grapes, strawberry. This can be enjoyed by kids as well as adults.
What Can You Do With Plain Yogurt?
We have already told you how to make plain Greek yogurt taste good. Here are some of the other things that you can do with your plain yogurt:
- Yogurt can be used as a secret ingredient to fluff up your waffles. This will make them taste better and feel fluffier.
- Alfredo sauce can be smeared with plain yogurt. This will give it a tangy taste and helps to thicken your sauce.
- If you use a combination of saffron, yogurt, and water it will crisp up your rice. Some people find greek yogurt too sour but adding this will make it tasty.
- Plain yogurt can also be swirled into soup, such as tomato soup or mushroom soup. It will provide an extra thickness to your soup.
- This simple yogurt can also be used to make a lemon crust for your baked chicken. Just add lemon in yogurt and cover the chicken with it.
Can Plain Yogurt Be Eaten During Weight Loss?
Yogurt is one of the low-fat foods that have an adequate amount of protein as well as calcium in it. It falls among the best dairy products as it consists of a high amount of protein and calcium.
Also, it contains low fat as well as minimum calories. Even Greek yogurt tastes bad when it turns sour, but it can be eaten during weight loss.
According to the research conducted by the University of Tennessee that was carried out in 2005, it was found that yogurt helps in burning body fat. Therefore, it also promotes weight loss.
The main reason for this was that yogurt is a calcium-rich food; this also helps in maintaining the high metabolism in the body. Muscle Mass is essential for the maintenance of high metabolism that will help in reducing fat.
Is Yoghurt A Food Or Drink?
People often get confused with it whether yogurt is a food or drink. The answer to this is yogurt is a form of food that is produced by the fermentation of milk by bacteria. Yogurt Cultures is the bacteria that are used to make yogurt.
The process is that the fermentation of lactose by these bacteria forms lactic acid which acts with the protein in the milk and gives the yogurt its texture and the trademark tangy taste.
In every corner of the world cow’s milk is preferred to make yogurt but some people also use camels, buffalo, goats, and yaks’ milk to make yogurt.
Can You Use Plain Yogurt In Place Of Sour Cream?
We have told you the tips about how to make your Greek yogurt less sour but there is also one advantage to its sourness. It makes an outstanding substitute of sour cream.
Regular yogurt has a high amount of liquid content in it.On the other hand, Greek yogurt is different. Since a large portion of whey has been removed from it.
Which results in it getting thicker and tangier yogurt than plain yogurt. Therefore, making it an alternate for sour cream. Full-fat Greek yogurt can be used as cream in many of the recipes that include baked goods also.
Can We Eat Banana And Yogurt Together?
If you are seeking the answer to the question of how to make yogurt taste good, the answer is by adding banana to it. Yes! We can eat bananas and yogurt together.
It is even many people’s favorite post-workout snacks. Banana has a rich content of potassium in it and combining it with high protein food like greek yogurt makes it even more healthy.
This also helps in building the muscles and replenishes the depleted amino acids in the body which are lost during the exercise. So, add this super healthy dish to your post-workout meal and see amazing results.
Is It OK To Drink Milk After Eating Yogurt?
- There are some food combinations that should be avoided at any cost, yogurt and milk are one such food combination.
- While it depends upon the individual to individual but in most cases combining these two can cause headaches in the individuals.
- A combination of plain milk and yogurt can even result in improper digestion and gas formation in the stomach that can cause a lot of problems in the body.
So, if you want to keep your stomach trouble-free this is the last thing you would want to try.
What Fruits Can I Mix With Yogurt?
Your dilemma about what to add to yogurt can be overcome by adding the thing that is easily available in almost all houses i.e. fruits. Adding fruits is a delicate way to make your yogurt healthy without adding calories to it. Here are the fruits that can be mixed with Yogurt: –
- Chunks of Pineapple
How Do You Make Plain Yogurt Taste Like Vanilla?
Its very simple, just follow below steps.
- Add ½ cup of plain yogurt into a container.
- Now add a small drop of good quality vanilla extract to the bowl of yogurt.
- To enhance the flavors you can add cinnamon, a cube of sugar if you like.
- Wallah now taste the yogurt, you craving will be fulfilled.
What Should Not Be Eaten With Egg?
The egg is not one of the ingredients that are to put in yogurt because in many cases eating milk or its products with egg can cause problems in the individuals.
Eggs are very hot from the inside and products like yogurt are cold. That’s why it can cause a problem if you consume both of them together.
Therefore, health expert advice to avoid this combination at all costs.
You may also like below recipes to try.
- How To Make Honey Whiskey At Home [10 Quick + Easy Ways]
- How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave Best [#10 Recipes]
- How To Cut A Steak [Exclusive 14 Slicing Tips] Like A Pro
- How To Freeze Fresh Broccoli [Exclusive #9 PRO Ways To Try]
- What Is Denver Steak? Amazing Mouth-Watering Recipes
- How To Make Iced Chocolate Best (#14) Must-Try Recipes [For Chocolate Lovers]
In the passage above we have told you about How To Make Plain Yogurt Taste Better, how to make Greek yogurt taste good, what to add to plain Greek yogurt, how to flavor plain yogurt, how to sweeten plain Greek yogurt, and how to make yogurt taste better.
Use these wonderful tips to make your simple yogurt taste amazing and enjoy it along with your meals. Try these tips at home and do tell us how they turn out for you.
Did you find the How To Make Plain Yogurt Taste Better recipes interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a small blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!