Drinking fresh homemade grape juice has become popular throughout the world. People are now aware of their multiple benefits and prefer making it at home in a hygienic environment.
Also, it is better to limit the amount of sweetener and water in your grape juice to make it healthier.
We will discuss here some recipes and techniques on How To Make Grape Juice at home with a juicer, blender, and mixer grinder. However, you must remember to clean the grapes thoroughly before making juice.
The grapes may have heavy pesticide residue similar to strawberries. So, clean them properly and then enjoy the grape juice homemade with our delicious recipes.
What Are The Grape Juice Health Benefits?
Grape juice has various health benefits. People often prefer to drink this juice regularly because it provides instant energy within a short period. Drinking grape juice is recommended because of its multiple health benefits:
- It reduces the cholesterol level and improves the health of your skin as well.
- It has active antioxidants which help in detoxifying and body cleansing.
- It ensures normal blood pressure level.
- It reduces the acidity of uric acid and is recommended for treating kidney diseases, liver problems, and skin disorders.
- It ensures essential vitamins and minerals in your daily diet.
- It helps to overcome hypertension and has magnificent anti-aging properties.
- It aids in digestion and manages prostate complications as well.
Most people like grape juice owning to its unique taste and aroma. However, the expert’s advice to consume it in limited quantity.
Drinking excessive amounts of grape juice can adversely affect your health due to the high concentration of sugar in it. Additionally, it is advised to buy fresh grapes and not the canned ones since they are usually sweetened.
If you are making grape juice at home, you will notice the positive results on your body in no time.
How To Preserve Grape Juice (Best Ways)
The best way to preserve grape juice is to boil the juice and store it in jars. The first step in this procedure is to select sweet, well-colored, firm, and mature grapes.
How To prepare grapes? – Wash these grapes thoroughly and stem them. Next, place them in a saucepan and as you crush them, add boiling water into the pan to cover the grapes. Heat the pan on simmer for about 10 minutes until you see the skin of grapes getting soft.
How To make grape juice? – Take out the grapes from the pan and strain them through double layers of cheesecloth. Refrigerate it for 24-48 hours. After this, strain the grapes juice with the help of filter paper to obtain clearer juice.
Now, pour the prepared juice back to the saucepan to sweeten it. Heat the pan to dissolve the sugar completely. Occasionally stir the juice until it comes to a boil.
How to store grape juice? – Pour the juice into jars immediately while leaving 1/4-inch headspace. It will keep it fresh for long period.
Is Grape Juice Good For Your Stomach?
The grape juice has been used conventionally to treat stomach flu though there is no solid evidence to support that it works. However, it still gives you a respite in such times and aids in the digestion process.
It is said that the grape juice balances the pH level of the intestine and restricts the spread of stomach flu. With abundant antioxidants, vitamin C, and antiviral properties, the grape juice helps in flushing out the virus and strengthens immunity.
The antioxidants keep away the toxins from your body. The grape juice is also recommended for a good bowel movement and getting rid of the digestive problems such as constipation.
Apart from this, grape juice also improves bowel movement. So, drinking one glass of grape juice every day is recommended as it does help your digestive system.
#1- How To Make Boiled Grape Juice
You can easily follow any boiled grape juice recipe and store the juice in your refrigerator for about a week without using any preservatives. The grape juice is a healthy and all-season drink. Have a look at one of the black grape juice (boiled) recipe below:
- Prep time: 20mins
- Serving size: 4
- Black grapes – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 to 3 cups
- Wash the grapes with water and boil them in a saucepan.
- Let the boiled grapes cool at room temperature and add sugar.
- Mash this mix and strain it to get clear juice.
- Serve it chilled.
#2- How To Make Wine From Grape Juice
You can make your own wine at home from grape juice. If you are fond of white wine, then choose the white grapes. For a glass of red wine, we recommend juicing red grapes of Concord variety.
Since preservative impacts the quality of wine as well as hamper the fermentation process. It is advised to use the grape juice that has no added preservatives.
Another thing to remember is the proper sterilization of the winemaking equipment. To sterilize them the right way, clean them with boiling water using soap or wipe them down with isopropyl alcohol.
If you do not sterilize the equipment properly, the bacteria can get into the grape juice mix and contaminate the fermenting liquid.
Grape Juice Wine Recipe
- Total Time: Around 7-30 days
- Prep Time: 30mins
- Serving size: 1-gallon of homemade Red wine
- Grape juice -1 gallon
- Cane sugar -1 cup
- Wine yeast -1 tablespoon
- Use a big stainless-steel saucepan over medium heat and put grape juice and cane sugar in it.
- Keep stirring the mix till the sugar is dissolved completely.
- After this, cool the prepared juice to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, add the wine yeast in the pan and mix it well.
- Keep this mix in a big fermentation jug with an airlock and store it in a cool and dark place to aid fermentation.
- In the first 24-48 hours, remember to shake the jug a bit to let the carbon dioxide out.
- Ferment the mix for one week. You will know that your wine is ready when you don’t see carbon dioxide fizzing off the top anymore and the yeast sediment has settled at the jug’s bottom. You will also get the distinct smell of wine from the jug.
- In case this wine is not strong enough for you, you can leave the mix undisturbed for almost a month in a dark area.
- Remember to strain it before consumption and keep it in an old wine bottle for storage.
#3- How To Make Grape Juice Concentrate
This is an easy-to-make Concord grape juice recipe:
- Prep time: 1hour 20mins
- Serving size: 3
- 6lbs or 14 cups of grapes (preferably concord)
- 1 and ½ cups of sugar
- Wash the grapes thoroughly and remove from stems.
- Place the grapes in a large kettle and add 2 cups of water. Boil grapes for about ½ hr till they become tender.
- Take out the grapes and strain them through cheesecloth. Store this juice in your refrigerator for 24 hours and strain it again.
- Place the grape with sugar in the large kettle and boil it again. Pour this hot juice into jars immediately while leaving about 1/2-inch headspace.
- Now, Grape juice concentrate is ready. Before serving it, you can dilute this concentrate with water and chill thoroughly.
#4- How To Make Prison Wine With Grape Juice
It is possible to make prison wine or pruno at home as well. Here is a quick guide with an easy recipe that you can follow:
- 10 peeled oranges (cut into wedges)
- 10 soft apples (browned and cut into wedges)
- 1 cup of Sugar (raw)
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 8 ounces can of fruit cocktail (with grape juice)
- 1 packet of raisins
1. Use a 1-gallon Ziploc bag to mesh oranges, apples, raisins, and fruit cocktail. Now add sugar in the pulp and mix it well.
2. Now, add 16 ounces of warm water in the Ziploc bag and seal it properly. Next, keep this sealed bag submerged in a sink of warm water for about 15 minutes.
3. Take 1 cup of warm water in a bowl and add yeast with 3 teaspoons of raw sugar into it. Wait till you see the mix froths up. Then mix this with the pulp in the sealed bag and store it in a dark place.
4. Store bag at dark place for around 7-8 days. Remember to pour warm water (not hot) over the bag every day to keep it warm so that the yeast can stay alive.
5. Also, remember that due to the fermenting process, you will have to release the accumulated carbon dioxide from the bag every day.
6. Finally, when the fermentation is complete, you can filter the mix through cheesecloth. Prison wine is ready to serve.
#5- How To Make Green Grape Juice
Green grape juice is a sweet, tangy, and refreshing drink that people love. It is a rich source of fiber and potassium with loads of essential vitamins and other minerals.
If you are thinking about how to make grape juice without a juicer, then this grape juice recipe is for you. We have used seedless green grapes and a blender here:
- Prep time: 10mins
- Serving size: 2
- 2 cups of grapes (seedless)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- A pinch of black salt
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- For juicing grapes, add all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend the mixture until it looks smooth.
- Take out the juice and strain it to get clearer green grape juice.
- Garnish the grape juice with mint leaves (optional). Make sure you serve it chilled.
#6- How To Make Grape Juice With A Juicer
If you have a grape juicer at home, then you can make grape juice in a few minutes. Here is the list of some other things you will need at home while making grape juice with a juicer:
- Bunch of grapes
- Fine sieve
- Stem the grapes and put them into a colander.
- Rinse them well under running water to remove any impurities.
- To learn how to juice grapes perfectly, first remove the seeds of each grape by cutting them open in half. (Optional if you have seedless variety of grapes.)
- Next, put the grapes into your juicer through the chute slowly to get the juice.
- Strain the grape juice again through a fine sieve and remove any leftover sediment.
- Serve the fresh grape juice.
#7- How To Make Grape Juice With A Blender
If you are thinking about how to make grape juice from fresh grapes without using the juicer, then you can do it with the help of a blender. Here is one of the easiest juice recipes with grapes:
- Prep time: 15mins
- Serving size: 2
- 500 grams of black grapes
- 2-3 pinches of black salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- sugar (as per requirement)
- Rinse and drain the black grapes thoroughly with water.
- Put them inside the blender and blend till smooth.
- Use a strainer to get the clear juice.
- Add water to dilute the juice if it is a bit strong for your taste.
- Add sugar in the juice if required.
- Pour the juice in glasses and add a few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of black salt.
- You can also garnish the juice with some mint leaves.
#8- How To Make Grape Juice In Mixer Grinder
This is the recipe for making real grape juice in a mixer grinder that will be ready in just five minutes:
- Prep time: 5mins
- Serving size: 2
- Grapes – 500 grams
- Sugar syrup – 1 tablespoon
- Water – about one cup or 200 ml
- Ice cubes – (as per requirement)
- Place the grapes, sugar syrup, and water inside the jar of the mixer grinder.
- Grind the mix thoroughly for about a minute until you see it’s smooth.
- Grape juice is ready to serve. You can strain it to get clearer juice or you can drink the raw grape juice with some ice cubes.
You may also like below recipes.
- How To Boil Peanuts- Healthy and Quick(#17) Boiled Peanut Recipes To Try
- How To Make Scrambled Eggs (9 Must-Try Yummy Recipes)
- How To Make A Milkshake At Home- Best Yet Easy (# 15 Recipes)
- (#11 Homemade) Vegan Yogurt Recipe (Wallah! Ready In 5 Minutes)
- How To Make Vegan Coconut Curry (#11 Mouth-Watering Recipes)
- How To Make Jalapeno Poppers (8 Mouth-Watering Recipes)
- Glass Noodles: Top 11 Authentic Recipes – For All The Noodles Lovers
- Moo Goo Gai Pan Top Healthy Quick Recipes (Ready In 20 Minutes)
By now you must know how to make grape juice at home easily using different recipes and techniques. However, some people might be allergic or may have allergic reactions to the grape and its juice.
Also, drinking excessive grape juice at once may cause diarrhea. These are a few side effects that you must be careful about before consuming the juice.
However, you can always make it a part of your diet if you consume it within the advised limit. Make use of our juicing grapes recipes and techniques and enjoy a great cup of fresh grape juice at home.
Did you find how to make grape juice recipes interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a small blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!