Everyone loves yogurt covered raisins, especially children. But most market-based recipes contain additional fat and sugar, reducing their nutritional value.
In fact, as per Livestrong, 1/3 cup of yogurt-covered raisins typically contains 190 calories, 20g sugar, and 7g fat. Though you can always purchase market-based yogurt covered raisins, you can make it at home, the way you want.
In this article, we have presented How To Make Yogurt Covered Raisins recipes that you can try at home to make this fun-packed snack. We will also cover the below points.
- Dried yogurt coating recipe
- healthy yogurt coating recipe
- how to make yogurt-covered fruit
- how to make yogurt covered pretzels
- yogurt covered almonds recipe
- sugar-free yogurt covered raisins recipe
- yogurt covered raisins calories
What Are Yogurt Covered Raisins Made Of?
When you carve for something tasty, then what’s better than yogurt covered raisins. The combination of flavorful yogurt and buttery raisins makes this dessert amazing that you want to have every day. The main ingredients in yogurt covered raisins are yogurt cream, raisins, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
And just with these ingredients, you can prepare it home without any hassle. So dont wait and try it out today. Below we have some most loved yogurt covered raisins recipes only for you.
How Do You Harden Yogurt?
There is nothing wrong with thin or runny yogurt, especially from a nutritional point. Any good homemade yogurt serves as a beneficial probiotic food.
But you may need thick yogurt for specific food recipes. And yogurt coated raisins is one of them. Therefor here few that you can follow to get super thick yogurt at home:
- Heating the milk for a longer duration: Heating for longer durations promote coagulation of protein, resulting in thickening of milk.
- Use dry milk powder: Adding dry milk powder before heating the milk increases the volume of milk protein in it, giving your yogurt rich and thick composition.
- Removing the whey content: Straining the yogurt would remove the whey part resulting in thick yogurt.
- Increasing the fat portion: Since the fat component makes the yogurt thick and creamy. Therefore, you can use pure raw cream as well to make your yogurt thick.
- Using a thickener: Use gelatin for this purpose. (Tip: Adding gelatin to a large amount of milk can cause clumps. Therefore, it is advised to divide the milk into smaller parts and then add the gelatin.)
Hope with these tips, you can get yogurt of the desired thickness. Find below amazing yogurt recipes .
Are Yogurt Covered Raisins Healthy?
If you are wondering whether yogurt covered raisins are healthy or not? Well, there is no doubt that yogurt and raisins come under healthy food options.
However, when they are combined, they don’t remain as healthy as they seem. They are chunkier and get an unnatural sugary texture when combined.
But if you check the nutritional list, they are not as bad as they seem. Yogurt covered raisins contain 130 calories, 8 percent of total fat, 20% saturated fat, Sugar 19g, dietary fiber 4%, carbohydrate 7%, and sodium is 1%.
Thus, if you have this sweet dessert at lunch, it can keep your belly filled till dinner. But be mindful while eating them. Always keep a check on your portion size. Otherwise, you might end having more calories than intended.
How Long Do Yogurt Covered Raisins Last?
Yogurt covered raisins are wrinkled little gems sweetness covered with smooth yogurt cream to surprise your tastebuds.
- They are also an excellent way to make a snack mix more delicious, a fruit mix more indulgent, and a homemade trail mix a more luxurious treat.
- The best element is their long shelf life. If they are market-based and still not opened, then you can store them for 1 year.
- But for homemade or opened yogurt covered raisins, 6 months is the ideal shelf period.
- Also, it is advised to store yogurt covered raisins in a cool and dry place (For effective shelf life).
Are Chocolate Raisins Bad?
If you check various chocolate-covered healthy foods, chocolate raisins are not a bad nutrition option.
- Vitamins and minerals in the dried raisins remain intact even when they are coated with chocolate.
- Therefore, they offer 1% of vitamin E and a small amount of vitamin K and A. They also offer iron (0.77mg), zinc, and potassium.
- But you must remember that chocolate does add additional sugar, fat, and calories. Hence, you must intake them in the measured portion.
How To Prepare Dried Yogurt Coating Recipe?
Yogurt serves as the sweet coating for various foods. You must have tried yogurt covered raisins, cranberries, and pretzels.
You can also explore other dried fruit options with yogurt coating. But if you see yogurt as a dessert sauce instead of candy sauce then you can have more options than you can imagine.
Here are a few tips that you can keep in mind to get started:
Use yogurt with food that fits
You can use yogurt coating with any food. However, some food items go well with it such as raisins, pretzels, and cranberries.
But to take a break from the normal, you can try other food options as well such as dry roasted nuts, oatmeal cookies, fresh berries, dried carrot chips, figs, dates, etc.
No matter what food you use, ensure that you use something that is bite-sized and has no seeds.
Add your personal touch
Add flavoring such as vanilla, spices, and extract such as cinnamon, nutmeg, etc to enhance the taste.
#1 Preparing Dried Yogurt Coating
- Gelatin – 1/2 tsp
- Thick Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Confectioner sugar – 2 cups
- Powdered sugar – for dusting
- Add gelatin to water to make it bloom.
- Place heavy-bottomed saucepan over stove and add thick yogurt to it.
- After heating for a few minutes, transfer the yogurt to a mixing bowl, and add sugar and a pinch of salt to it until it thickens.
- Add food to the mixing bowl after dusting powdered sugar on it.
- Now, pour half of the prepared coating on it and place them separately on parchment paper for drying (around 45 minutes).
- Again, place the food in the mixing bowl to add the remaining half of the coating. This time leave it for drying overnight.
- Finally, use an airtight container to store them in the refrigerator (for around 2 weeks).
How To Make Yogurt Covered Raisins In a Healthy Way?
Frozen yogurt covered blueberries make the perfect healthy snack for summer. You can enjoy this low-calorie and fiber-filled treat without any guilt. Learn how to make this delicious summer snack for yourself.
- First and foremost, wash the blueberries and line the parchment paper.
- With the help of a toothpick, coat blueberries in the Greek yogurt one by one. And place them on the parchment paper separately maintaining a gap between them.
- Now, place the parchment paper filled with coated blueberries in the freezer for one hour.
- Finally, transfer the coated blueberries to the zip-lock bag and put it in the fridge. Takeout whenever you need a little snack and enjoy the treat.
How To Make Yogurt-Covered Fruit?
Whole strawberries coated in creamy vanilla yogurt give you the ultimate summer adventure snack. These yogurt covered fruit snacks will keep you cool in the summer heat.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Freezing time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servies: 2
- Strawberries – 16 (Whole)
- Whole milk vanilla yogurt – 2 cups
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry with the help of a towel. Also, lay down the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Pour yogurt into a bowl and coat each strawberry in it while holding it with the help of a stick.
- Line strawberries on the parchment paper one by one after coating (keeping some distance in between them).
- Now, refrigerate the coated strawberries for around one hour. (Pro tip: You can coat the strawberries for a second time for thicker and yummier yogurt coating).
- Enjoy your yogurt covered cherries whenever you have cravings.
- Calories: 144kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholosterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 43mg
- Potassium: 574mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 22g
- Vitamin A: 60IU
- Vitamin C: 169.9 mg
- Calcium: 151 mg
- Iron: 1.2 mg
How To Make Yogurt Covered Pretzels?
If you like pretzels, you might as well try yogurt covered pretzels. Though there are many readymade options available in the market.
The recipe for the homemade yogurt covered pretzels is amazingly simple and easy to follow.
- Preparation time: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Pretzels – 1 bag
- Whole milk strawberry yogurt – 2 c
- Confectioner’s sugar – 5c
- Begin by preheating the oven to 250 degrees.
- Use a mixing bowl to mix the confectioner’s sugar to yogurt with the help of a hand blender.
- Hold pretzels with the help of tongs or tweezers and coat them one by one in the prepared frosting. After this put coated pretzels on a wire cooling rack. (Ensure to use baking sheet under the cooling rack to catch any excess frosting dripping from the pretzels)
- When all the pretzels are coated with prepared frosting, place the wire cooling rack along with the baking sheet in the oven. At this point, ensure that you turn off the oven. Also, keep the oven door open. Extra heat will help in drying the frosting while not creating sogginess in the pretzels.
- After the frosting set, which usually takes 3-4 hours, take out pretzels from the oven. Use an airtight container to store the prepared pretzels (they will remain fresh for 3 days).
How To Prepare Yogurt Covered Almonds Recipe?
This protein-rich snack will give you energy while perfectly fitting in your gym diet. Here is how you can make yummy yogurt covered almonds easily at home.
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Almonds – 200g
- Greek yogurt – 250g
- Olive oil – splash
- Start by roasting almonds.
- Now add roasted almonds to Greek yogurt. Make sure each one is coated fully with it.
- With the help of a fork remove nuts from the yogurt and place them on the parchment paper.
- Now refrigerate the yogurt coated almond for around 3 hours.
- Use an airtight container to store them. Eat Greek yogurt covered almonds with peanut butter and enjoy!
How To Prepare Yogurt Covered Cranberries Healthy Recipe?
When you are feeling hunger, opting for healthy snacking is a good thing. But you must always keep in mind that you must intake snacks in small portions and the calorie count must be low.
Therefore, we have brought you a healthy cranberry yogurt recipe that you can prepare comfortably at home.
- Dried cranberries: 3 cups
- Water – 1 Tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Gelatin – 1/2 tsp
- Greek yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Raw coconut palm sugar – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Arrowroot powder – 1 Tbsp
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet and keep it aside.
- Add coconut sugar with arrowroot powder in the blender. Blend the mixture till the sugar turns into a fine powder and light brown.
- Add cranberries and 1 Tbsp of the prepared sugar mixture to a large bowl.
- Use a small dish to mix water and vanilla. Now, add gelatin to it (whisk with a fork to mix it well) and keep it aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add Greek yogurt, salt, and honey to another bowl. Microwave it for 5 seconds. Repeat the process to get warm and liquid yogurt. (Ensure that yogurt don’t boil or it will curdle).
- Add gelatin mixture to the yogurt and mix well. Now add remaining powdered sugar until you get thick pourable frosting.
- Now coat the cranberries with prepared yogurt mixture and place them separately on the parchment paper. Let them sit in- a cool and dry place for 2 hours.
- Now flip the coated cranberries on another parchment paper. Again let them sit for 3 hours to overnight for drying.
- Finally, use an airtight container to store them. By this method, you can store them for several weeks.
Nutritional Value: (One serving is equal to 1/4 cup)
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Protein: 1g
How Many Calories Are In Yogurt Covered Raisins?
In one serving that is around 1/4 cup, yogurt covered raisins contain 130 calories. Here is a complete nutritional fact breakdown for one serving of yogurt coated raisins:
- Total fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total carbohydrate: 20g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 1g
- Calcium: 40mg
- Alcohol: 0g
- Iron: < 1mg
- Vitamin A: 0mg
- Vitamin C: 1 mg
If you are wondering how long you must exercise to burn 130 calories of yogurt coated raisins. Well, here is the duration description for various activities:
- Swimming: 11 minutes
- Jogging: 15 minutes
- Cycling: 20 minutes
- Walking: 36 minutes
How To Make Greek Yogurt Covered Raisins?
Greek yogurt and raisins make a yummy combination. Here is an amazingly simple recipe that you follow at home. Also, if you are vegan you can still enjoy this delicious recipe.
For making vegan yogurt raisins, you can use vegan options such as homemade coconut butter and soy yogurt, etc.
- Hot water – 1 tsp
- Gelatin – 1/2 tsp
- Greek yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 and 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 cups
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 2 cups
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and keep it aside.
- Use a small bowl to mix gelatin and water and keep it aside for a while.
- Add yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and honey to a large bowl. Mix them well to make a smooth and thick paste. Now add gelatin mixture and mix it well too.
- Add raisins with half of the coating to a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the coated raisins onto the parchment. Separate them using a fork.
- Now refrigerate them for around 15-16 minutes or until the frosting becomes hard.
Sugar-Free Yogurt Covered Raisins Recipe
For making sugar free version of Yogurt Covered Raisins, you only need to do certain changes. Rest all the above recipes on How To Make Yogurt Covered Raisins, you can follow.
Here Are Some FAQS On How To Make Yogurt Covered Raisins
How do you sweeten unsweetened yogurt?
For sweeten plain yogurt you can add few drops of vanilla extract or a add ground cinnamon powder. That will make yogurt natural sweet.
What is the yogurt coating made of?
Yogurt covering ordinarily comprises sugar, palm part oil, whey powder, nonfat yogurt powder, titanium dioxide, soy lecithin, salt.
Are Raisins better than candy?
Since raisins are a whole superfood, they additionally offer other nourishing segments like fiber, which help manage the body’s reaction to an inundation of sugar.
What happens if you eat raisins every day?
Raisins are normally sweet and high in sugar and calories, yet they’re valuable to our wellbeing when eaten with some restraint. Indeed, raisins can help processing, support iron levels, and keep your bones solid.
How bad are chocolate raisins?
The chocolate, obviously, adds calories, fat and sugar to a dried organic product that as of now contains a ton of normal sugar. A 1/4-cup serving has 176 calories and 7.4 grams of fat — 6.6 grams of which are soaked.
Also read below KnifeandFork food recipes.
- 26 Best Coffee Shop Recipes Preparation At Home [Ready in 5 mints]
- Top  Recipes On Homemade Vanilla Yogurt In  Mints
- Must-Try  Recipes-How To Make Mashed Potatoes With Mayonnaise
- How To Microwave a Frozen Pizza Best  Quick + Easy Ways
Now we know How To Make Yogurt Covered Raisins. Next time you crave those addictive yogurt coated raisins and don’t have time to visit the store.
Try one of our yogurt covered recipes to make the home – they are super easy and inexpensive.
Also, do let us know how these homemade yogurt covered recipes turn out for you.
Did you find the How To Make Yogurt Covered Raisins recipes interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a small blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!