Sausage and egg breakfast casserole is the perfect breakfast recipe. You can use good-quality sausage and try to bake them in a casserole dish or cook them as one pot omelet and then cut them into strips to fill the burritos.
This helps ensure that there is enough egg in each burrito and that it is easier than scrambled eggs for filling and portion control. Choose the cheese you like best, but a good pepper jack or Mexican cheese mix tastes delicious and melts very well, and whatever sauce or hot sauce you prefer to put on top of burritos.
Food Tips– If you are going to free the burritos from the broiler step, then dry the burritos with the sauce of your choice and roll them. Wrap each burrito tightly in foil. Keep in a zip-lock bag in the freezer. When you are ready to eat the burrito, place it in a 350 F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or unpressured and microwave for 1 minute.
Sausage Egg and Breakfast Casserole Burrito Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 m
- Cook Time: 20 m
- Ready In: 30 m
- 6 servings (6 burritos)
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage, any kind
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 6 eggs
- Olive oil, butter (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese, any type
- 6 tortillas the size of a burrito
- Next salt and pepper according to taste
- Taco sauce, salsa, hot sauce (optional)
Sausage Egg and Breakfast Casserole Burrito Recipe Directions
- Prepare the breakfast sausage. Be sure to completely cook the sausage so that none of it remains pink, even the insides.
- Combine milk, eggs, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl. It is entirely up to how you like your eggs – omelet or scrambled both works for this.
- Line the tortillas on a baking sheet. Distribute the sausage equally onto each tortilla and top with eggs.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese to top it off. To melt the cheese, place the tortillas in the oven for a short while.
- Roll up the burrito and serve with optional salsa, taco sauce or hot sauce, or freeze for later consumption.
Find more potatoes breakfast recipes
Nutrition Facts Sausage Egg and Breakfast Casserole Burrito Recipe
Note-Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Did you find the breakfast Sausage recipe interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us @email@example.com. We, as a small blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!