The corn flakes are packed products made from toasted corn flakes. They are mainly served in breakfast with milk and sugar.
Being delicious, nutritious, and easily available, they are the first choice of many for breakfast. But do you know? You can make them easily at home. And they make the perfect breakfast choice for those who prefer gluten-free food.
If you are wondering How To Make Cornflakes at home? then you are in the correct place. For making Cornflakes from scratch you would need Corn (90%), starch, salt, extracts of barley malt, vitamins, minerals. Also, you can have other kinds of stuff as per your choice like nuts, oats. Below are quick recipes to follow.
- How corn flakes are made.
- How to make cornflakes with milk.
- How to make raw corn flakes from scratch.
- How to make corn flakes from raw corn.
- Corn flakes recipe that can be prepared at home
- How to make corn flakes in a factory.
Are Cornflakes Healthy?
Cereals flakes such as puffed rice or cornflakes when taken with low-fat milk, maybe considered nutritious but contain low fiber content. Therefore, they are not as good an option as a wholegrain cereal.
Adding a fruit piece will help balance your breakfast and make it more filling to eat. These cereals typically come with added sugar and salt, so their whole-grain counterparts.
But they include additional minerals and vitamins which are beneficial for your overall health. From a heart health point of view, other low-fiber unsweetened cereals would be similar.
What Ingredients Are In Cornflakes?
The corn flakes cereals are considered as one of the best and healthy breakfasts in many countries. It is a perfect, crispy, and delicious meal to start the day.
It’s also a perfect source of iron, zinc, and vitamins, without artificial colors, tastes or preservatives. Appropriate for vegans too.
Here are the corn flakes Ingredients:
- Corn (90%), starch, salt, extracts of barley malt, vitamins, minerals (iron, zinc oxide).
- Here is an amazingly simple recipe for homemade cornflakes:
- Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Here are the ingredients for corn flakes:
- 1 tbsp sugar (granulated)
- One and a half tbsp salt
- One and a half cup of yellow cornmeal
- 3/4th cup of water
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- In a bowl, put salt, sugar, vanilla, and 1 cup cornmeal and mix them well.
- Now add water and stir batter until it gets smooth.
- To get thin consistency of batter, add more water to it.
- Line a tray with foil and gently grease it with oil
- Pour the batter and spray it in the tray to make a thin layer.
- Mix 1 tbsp of water with a half cup of cornmeal.
- Now, mix the combination until it seems like breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs mixture on the batter top.
- Put the tray in the microwave for ten-fifteen minutes and set the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Take out the tray after reducing the heat.
- Now let your batter cool down, then smash it with your hands and make tiny flakes.
- After making tiny flakes, keep the tray again in the oven for few minutes until it turns golden.
- Take them out and once they get cooled down, serve them with milk.
- Sugar: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Calories: 95kcal
What Can I Use Instead Of Cornflakes?
Corn flakes, made from corn, are a commercially prepared breakfast corn cereal. You can also use cornflakes as a snack by adding some toppings.
Here are a few alternatives for corn flakes:
- You may like to use breadcrumbs of toast as toppings.
- You can also opt to replace the flakes with nuttier taste and serve it with any toppings of your choice.
- Instead of breadcrumbs, use Panko
- Crushed potato chips will serve as a decent alternative, but the salt will be added. In your recipe, you may want to change the salt.
Cereals are an immensely common food for breakfast. For those who live a busy lifestyle, it is simple and quick but also filled with added sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.
#1 The Oats
Oats are a nutritious choice of cereal. They usually come in crushed or rolled form. Also, they are usually eaten as oatmeal or porridge.
A nutritious and tasty form of cereal, Muesli is both. Usually, a mixture of rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit is used to produce it.
#3 With granola
Granola is another tasty and homemade cereal. A very healthy cereal choice may also be homemade granola. Make it until it becomes crispy and bake a mixture of oats, dry fruits, and nuts in the oven.
How Do You Make Corn Flakes Taste Better?
The same meal might feel boring daily. Here are a few quick corn flakes recipes to make corn flakes taste better.
- Maple Syrup: people who love to eat little sweet can add maple syrup in their cereal and works as a perfect alternative.
- Pineapple: This might sound exotic, but in your corn flakes, cubed pieces of pineapple might add a light sweetness to tropical citrus notes in general. 82 calories and 16 g of sugar make up a whole cup of pineapple chunks.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: it is another delicious way for your flakes. It holds approximately 70 calories and 6 g of sugar.
- Bananas: For the fitness freak people, it is one of the best additions to cornflakes for breakfast. It has 134 calories and 18g of sugar.
How To Make Cornflakes With Milk?
The cornflakes are produced with roasted maize and include ingredients such as sugar, fructose corn syrup, and malt flavoring.
It is said that sugar is made with flavored compounds. You may also add bananas and honey with milk to make it more balanced and delicious. Let’s learn how to make cornflakes with milk.
- 1 glass of milk low in fat
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 Date in slices
- 1 tablespoon organic fresh honey
- 100-gm flakes of corn
- Any other sliced fruit to taste, as needed (optional)
- Get the milk to boil
- All the ingredients, including corn flakes and honey, are mixed in a dish.
- For the milk, pour. Give it a mixture.
- A good flake of corn is ready. Enjoy your nutritious and balanced meal.
How To Make Corn Flakes From Raw Corn?
The homemade cornflakes taste like supermarket and are even healthier than them. The best part is that the corn flakes recipe is more satisfying.
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Sprouted corn
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Keep the temperature 300-325F for oil and remember not to keep it more than 425F.
- You can use a digital thermometer to check the temperature as it cooks, and it will let you know about the temperature range.
- Place several tortillas in the heated oil at a time. Fry until they’re light brown. This is going to happen quickly – just a minute or so!
- Take out the tortillas from oils and sprinkle little sea salt. Cover them with an unbleachable white towel.
- Until all 24 tortillas are fried, continue with the operation.
- Take out the tortillas from oils and sprinkle little sea salt. Cover them with an unbleachable white towel. Break them into a plate and allow them to cool.
- You can keep the remaining corn flake in a glass jar.
How Corn Flakes Are Made Off?
You might be wondering on the thought that how is corn flakes made? So, here is your answer.
In April, corn seeds are planted, and three nutrients are provided to the soil for growth: nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
Growth spurt starts after two months. So, by this time corn plant reaches a height of five feet even before flowering. By October and November, corn becomes ready for harvest.
Then, it is sent to mills for cleaning, sifting, and rolling before being finally transported to the Kellogg factory.
The corn grains are ground out into flakes at the mill. Those flakes are then baked, dried, and toasted to make you ready to enjoy Corn Flakes.
How To Make Florentines With Cornflakes?
At home, make your delicious Florentines and enjoy the decadent combination of Crunchy Almond Corn Flakes, glace, and chocolate cherries.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
Here are the Ingredients for cornflakes:
- Sultanas 1/2 cup
- Two cups of cornflakes
- Slivered almonds 100g
- 100g of Coles Glace sliced cherries
- 2 teaspoons of peel combined
- 2/3 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 250g of Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the furnace to 170 ° C. Line 2 wide, non-stick baking paper baking trays.
- In a cup, combine the sultanas, cornflakes, almonds, iced cherries, blended peel, and sweetened condensed milk. On baking trays, put spoonsful of the mixture, leaving enough space for biscuits to spread between each one. Bake for ten minutes and when they turn light golden brown keep them aside on a wire rack for cooling.
- Now, melt the chocolate in a mug with simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly and then scatter over the Florentine’s underside. To make wiggly lines in the chocolate, use a fork, then position on a wire rack, chocolate side up, until set.
How To Make Chocolate Cornflakes Cookies?
Crunchy, chocolatey and so quick to make Cornflake Cookies! To make a delicious movie snack, you just need about 20 minutes. The chocolate cornflakes cookies is another loved recipe with corn flakes and get ready easily.
- With 50g of butter
- 100g of milk or dark chocolate, divided into pieces
- Golden syrup 3 tbsp
- Cornflakes 100g
- Put 50g butter, 100g milk and chocolate pieces, and golden syrup 2 tbsp in a microwaveable cup.
- In another big tub, add 100g of cornflakes.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar, chocolate, and golden syrup over low heat or in the microwave for a short time. Until pouring over the cornflakes, leave to cool a bit.
- Now, stir all the ingredients together.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a muffin tray and let or let it get set in the refrigerator.
How To Make Chicken Wings With Cornflakes?
It’s almost too good to be true, this chicken. Healthier than the one from the joints of fast food while also supplying you with more taste and deliciousness! Check out the chicken wings corn flakes recipe.
- Sections of 3 1/2 pounds of chicken
- Salt and, to taste, ground black pepper
- Yellow pepper on the ground
- 2 oversized eggs
- 1/4 of a cup of milk
- Crushed corn flakes with 2 1/2 cups
- 2 salt teaspoons
- 1/2 black pepper ground teaspoon
- In the upper third of the oven, put a rack. Preheat the furnace to 350°F. Oil a baking sheet gently.
- Now coat the chicken pieces with egg mixture.
- Then, coat the mixture of corn flakes and pat it properly.
- Pro tip: Make chicken in advance (three hours before) and save it in the freezer. Arrange the side of the chicken skin over the baking sheet. Drizzle over the chicken if you wish: Melted butter from 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until the chicken is crisp and golden. Serve at room temperature or instantly.
How To Make Crispy Chocolate-Covered Cornflakes?
You can make out the crispy chocolate-covered cornflakes at home. Read out the instructions on what can you make with corn flakes by including chocolate.
- corn flakes, 4 cups
- Chocolate, 1 pound
- Put corn flakes in a bowl and add chocolates to them.
- Using a spatula with rubber and blend until uniformly coated. The tempered chocolate will start to set immediately.
- Now repeat the same with the remaining chocolates until the chocolate gets set.
- Use a baking sheet covered with parchment paper to scoop tiny mounds of chocolate corn flakes on it. You can use separate spoons to scoop and scrape the mixture in the baking sheet. It is necessary to work quickly because before the chocolate hardens, the mixture is easier to scoop.
- If your kitchen has humidity, put the baking sheet in the fridge for around five minutes. This will help the chocolate to set fast.
- Make sure not to leave them in the refrigerator for a longer duration (longer than 10 minutes). Because when they are removed from the freezer after keeping in for a longer duration, condensation occurs due to temperature differences (cold chocolate and the warm air). This results in the appearance of white spots on the chocolate. Although this does not impact the taste, the appearance is spoiled by it.
How To Make Spaghetti With Cornflakes?
If you are looking for spaghetti cornflakes, then you are in the right place. Check out the spaghetti cornflakes recipe.
- 12 ounces of spaghetti uncooked
- 1 pound of ground lean beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup of green chopped pepper
- Spaghetti sauce 1 glass (26 ounces)
- 1 can of mushroom stems and parts (4 ounces), drained
- 1 can ripe olives (preferably sliced and drained)
- 2 cups of shredded, split cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) chicken soup condensed milk, undiluted
- 1 carton (10 ounces) of Alfredo sauce refrigerated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup of crumbs with cornflakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Follow the instruction to cook spaghetti.
- Till then in a large skillet, cook onion and pepper with beef on medium heat.
- Now, include olives, onions, and spaghetti sauce and drain them.
- Move to a 13×9-in, greased one dish for baking.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese for 1 cup. Combine the broth, Alfredo sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl; pour over the cheddar cheese.
- Combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining cheddar cheese in another bowl; scatter over the end.
- Bake it till cheese is melted and the casserole becomes bubbly for 30 minutes.
- Keep aside for cooling for a few minutes before serving.
How To Make Apple Crumble With Cornflakes?
For you and the family, a fast and simple apple crumble recipe and an all-time favorite quick and easy dessert.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 200 g Corn Flakes from Nestle Nation
- 80 g Powder of icing sugar
- 160 g Butter Unsalted
- Red Apple 500 g
- 40 g Raisin
- 2 g Powder of Cinnamon
- Squeezy 120 g of Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 20 g of juice from a lemon
- 30 g Butter Unsalted
- Grind Nestle Country Corn Flakes in a food processor into rough bits.
- Add Room temperature butter & Icing sugar.
- For the foundation, use 325g and press 30cm x 20cm into a jar.
- For 7 minutes, bake.
- Remove from the oven and put the apple mix stuffing and then sprinkle on top of the crumble.
- Bake again for 7 minutes.
- Remove and cool down before serving for 4-3 hours.
- Sauté the apples in low-heat butter until tender.
- Add the grapes, cinnamon, and lemon juice powder.
- For another 2-3 minutes, cook.
- Apply the Squeezy Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk and boil for five minutes.
You might also enjoy below recipes.
Now you know how to make cornflakes. So next time you want to have a bowl of corn flakes for breakfast, do try making them at home. And you can always add your personal touch by using one of these recipes.
So try and let us know how do you like these above ways for making cornflakes.
Did you find how to make cornflake recipes interesting? Please follow Knifeandfork Pinterest and leave a comment below, share it, like it, rate it. We’d love to see what you cook! write to us Here. We, as a small blogger, need all the help, motivation, and appreciation. This small help for Subscribing and sharing on social media will be appreciated!